Speculation: Closing out the Season

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Last 2 games mean absolutely nothing, I'd rather they not play them, but seeing as they won't do that to the league, sit everyone and call up kids.

"They're all suddenly day to day" and the team needs emergency call ups
I don't see the big deal with just saying it's a healthy scratch. Isn't it assumed that that option is on the table for the last couple games. Also these are road games. We are supposed to give a favor for these teams. Colorado will probably rest their guys too

Reactions: guymez

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I don't see the big deal with just saying it's a healthy scratch. Isn't it assumed that that option is on the table for the last couple games. Also these are road games. We are supposed to give a favor for these teams. Colorado will probably rest their guys too
You have to call them hurt to get more than they max call ups after the deadline.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
I posted this in the other thread, but I think we have the foundations for three solid forward pairings:
Hyman-McDavid
RNH-Draisaitl
Kane-McLeod

Then, we can build around those with other players. Something like:
Hyman-McDavid-Henrique
RNH-Draisaitl-Foegele
Kane-McLeod-Perry/Holloway

And the bottom line a rotation of Holloway/Perry/Carrick/Brown/Ryan/Janmark

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Oh okay.

I do wonder if there is some benefit to playing as well. Maybe just rest the high minute guys for a game. McDavid, Draisaitl, Ekholm, Bouchard, Nurse.

Sit 3 this game and 2 the next.
It's not a terrible plan, but honestly these games mean NOTHING. So sitting all of

McDavid, Draisailt, Nuge, Hyman, Ekholm, Bouchard, Nurse and Skinner

makes the most sense imo. Plus you can reward Rodrigues, Lavoie and Wanner with games for a great year.

Reactions: guymez

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
People have been shittting on Henrique but I think he is a smart hockey player. He might not have the speed of a McDavid or McLeod but he makes smart plays , wins draws, kills penalties. Good qualities to have
People still shitting on Henrique are only doing so because it furthers their "Holland sucked at the deadline" agenda. He's been good for us.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
It's not a terrible plan, but honestly these games mean NOTHING. So sitting all of

McDavid, Draisailt, Nuge, Hyman, Ekholm, Bouchard, Nurse and Skinner

makes the most sense imo. Plus you can reward Rodrigues, Lavoie and Wanner with games for a great year.
I love the idea of sitting guys, but I don't think we can just call 3 guys up like that. Assuming no injuries, I would sit:

In - Stecher, Broberg, Carrick, Ryan, Pickard

Sit - (Today) - Kane, Hyman, Bouchard, Ekholm, Skinner
- (Tomorrow) - Nuge, Hyman, Nurse, Bouchard, Skinner

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I love the idea of sitting guys, but I don't think we can just call 3 guys up like that. Assuming no injuries, I would sit:

In - Stecher, Broberg, Carrick, Ryan, Pickard

Sit - (Today) - Kane, Hyman, Bouchard, Ekholm, Skinner
- (Tomorrow) - Nuge, Hyman, Nurse, Bouchard, Skinner
I'm saying ALL the guys I listed shouldn't play either game.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Not many good things to look forward to in tonights game but one good thing will be seeing the Condor players. Even if it is a loosely played NHL game.
The other good thing will be that means many of the main players wont be in the lineup.

The best thing about tonights game is that after tonight...we dont have to watch another regular season game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad