OT 19/3: Closed for Renovations

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Do they really have drinking schools in Finland? You guys know how to party. Damn! :laugh:

Well there's this feast in mid summer, which I have no idea where it has come from, but it's pretty much used as an excuse for drinking. It's "celebrated" in Sweden and in some other Nordic countries too I think.

And if you ever visit Finland, make sure to try some of our very fun activities like wife carrying.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well there's this feast in mid summer, which I have no idea where it has come from, but it's pretty much used as an excuse for drinking. It's "celebrated" in Sweden and in some other Nordic countries too I think.

And if you ever visit Finland, make sure to try some of our very fun activities like wife carrying.

Wife Carrying? Hmmm that def sounds interesting. Do you ever get to the states? In the U.S. we make every day an excuse to drink. :sarcasm:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

Haha that's freaking awesome!

I love how they put the numbers on the women upside down so you can read them when they carry them. :laugh:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
That's not the only weird sport up here; boot throwing is also popular in Finland and we annually hold the mobile phone throwing World Championships. :laugh:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
You live in Alaska too? You are aware of the Alaskan Indian-Eskimo Olympics?

Yeah, I know it. You must be a real threat in the muktuk eating contest.

Yes, but there is another event that I excel at. It is called the ear pull. It is an event where two contestants pull each others' ears while enduring the harsh cold. It tests physical as well as spiritual strength.

You wanna pull each other's ears?

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
You live in Alaska too? You are aware of the Alaskan Indian-Eskimo Olympics?

Yeah, I know it. You must be a real threat in the muktuk eating contest.

Yes, but there is another event that I excel at. It is called the ear pull. It is an event where two contestants pull each others' ears while enduring the harsh cold. It tests physical as well as spiritual strength.

You wanna pull each other's ears?

There's no crows in my family tree.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
That's not the only weird sport up here; boot throwing is also popular in Finland and we annually hold the mobile phone throwing World Championships. :laugh:

I would like to meet the people who came up with those ideas but **** like that isn't that weird when you consider Finland is pretty much the Japan of Europe. :laugh:

Also, props for the thread title.

Meuracas

Nov 2, 2013
I like that title. :handclap:

I came to read the preseason GDTs and had to scroll back up, had this weird feeling one of the titles was all wrong in a good kind of way... ;)

On a sidenote, how's the Tampa Bay area after all the storms and whatnot?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
NHC has the track going north in the next day or two. I'm not too concerned about FL.

Multiple hurricanes isn't actually too bad. Most of everything that would break in a hurricane would have already done so.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
NHC has the track going north in the next day or two. I'm not too concerned about FL.

Multiple hurricanes isn't actually too bad. Most of everything that would break in a hurricane would have already done so.

Yeah Florida should be fine, but could hit us in NY here. We had little rain and some wind from Jose, this storm is much bigger I believe, so will cover more ground.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
2 Earthquakes and 4 Major Hurricanes within a couple of months. Is this the beginning of the Apocalypse?

Had the same thought. Severe earthquakes, several major hurricanes (two cat 5) in a row... 2005 was rough but 2017 is pretty bad too already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad