Injury Report: Clifford and Lewis to IR

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Andreoff has been fine as a third line winger, he simply can't play C in the NHL. Nolan has been bad, but I just don't see anything that makes him at a significantly lower level than Clifford, they both really struggle with reading the game, especially in the defensive zone. I think we could get similar production from two guys making a mill or so less combined than those two.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Andreoff has been fine as a third line winger, he simply can't play C in the NHL. Nolan has been bad, but I just don't see anything that makes him at a significantly lower level than Clifford, they both really struggle with reading the game, especially in the defensive zone. I think we could get similar production from two guys making a mill or so less combined than those two.

He's been worse than bad. 3 of his last 4 penalties have been in the offensive zone which ended up a pp goal, see Sabers, Buffalo. His turnover last night was lucky it didn't result in a goal.Even Quick was like, "WTF Jordan?"

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Lewis is on the trip, Rosen suggests he will be in the lineup in Montreal.

I hope Lewis is good to go, and not playing hurt.

This smells of "Hey Lewis, you gotta play hurt, cause we are short NHL ready forwards" Lewis "ok, will do coach".

That's what this looks like. Hopefully Lewis is 100% ready to go.

Muzzin played hurt last season, for a stretch.

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
But Hedman didn't "intend" to injure Clifford with his elbow... Even though Brown got suspended for the same thing against Pominville.

Didn't Brown have the puck, and while he was looking down at it, lean into Pominville? That's sort of how I remember it.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The Hedman elbow was no question worse than the Brown elbow, especially as it was retaliatory rather than defensive. No clue how the NHL deemed it 'non-attempt-to-injure' unless they were saying he literally wasn't trying to kill clifford just maim him out of anger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad