Injury Report: Clifford and Lewis to IR

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
We had 7 defensemen. Then two forwards go to IR. So we recall two more defensemen? LoL! In that we now have NINE defensemen up, a trade is going to happen..... ......involving ...... wait for it ...... a DEFENSEMAN!!!!!

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
We had 7 defensemen. Then two forwards go to IR. So we recall two more defensemen? LoL! In that we now have NINE defensemen up, a trade is going to happen..... ......involving ...... wait for it ...... a DEFENSEMAN!!!!!

Forbort or Ebert is a goner. And Greene still isn't on ir.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
But Hedman didn't "intend" to injure Clifford with his elbow... Even though Brown got suspended for the same thing against Pominville.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I don't understand the personnel moves recently at all. Someone explain to me why it wasn't Greene who went on IR.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't understand the personnel moves recently at all. Someone explain to me why it wasn't Greene who went on IR.

The theory--only one that makes sense imo--is that Schultz and Ebert puts us really close to the cap, so when we LTIR Greene, it gives us the most temporary space. I probably didn't explain it properly, actually, but I haven't had my coffee :laugh:

The only other things that aren't tinfoily/tradey are that Schultz is here as a D-man or two is banged up and Ebert gets a real paycheck and to see what NHL life is like but we're still short forwards so even that doesn't make sense to me imo.

I like my version where DL/Sutter are playing Art Howe and Billy Beane though :sarcasm:

In any case, we're likely to find out today.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Sounds like people are starting to realize how much we actually miss Lewis, Clifford as well as King. That's good. Good, experienced depth goes a long way and we're feeling it right now.

Total ********* play by Hedman.

Totally agreed. Can't believe it didn't get more face time.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Sounds like people are starting to realize how much we actually miss Lewis, Clifford as well as King. That's good. Good, experienced depth goes a long way and we're feeling it right now.

Totally agreed. Can't believe it didn't get more face time.

lol no im not saying i miss King however i realize/hope he is closer to playing then then other two

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Missing Lewis yes. King sure, another big body to wear down opposing d men would great. Clifford has sucked all season.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Regardless I think we can all agree we'd rather have King playing than Weal not playing while Kopitar gets quintuple shifted in the 2nd period.

Id go one step further and say id rather have King playing instead of weal andreoff and nolan. I look at our lineup and hope we have enough talent to keep him in the bottom 6 which i am on record with saying im fine with

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Missing Lewis yes. King sure, another big body to wear down opposing d men would great. Clifford has sucked all season.

He really hasn't, and the drains on the 4th line have actually been the C and Nolan. Not going to get into the details again because plenty of them are in another thread. Clifford has been the bright spot, although yes, he can be better.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Lindsay Czarnecki ‏@ReignInsider 9m9 minutes ago
Jeff Schultz told me after practice he was loaned back to @ontarioreign this morning. Both he and Ebert were practicing today in Ontario

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Wonder if the Kings had some kind of trade fall through.

You have to be thinking the Kings are in the market for a #4 type d-man that can play with Drew.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Wonder if the Kings had some kind of trade fall through.

You have to be thinking the Kings are in the market for a #4 type d-man that can play with Drew.

I agree, there's no way they head into the post season with McNabb earning top 4 minutes. He's not cut out for that type of role.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
He really hasn't, and the drains on the 4th line have actually been the C and Nolan. Not going to get into the details again because plenty of them are in another thread. Clifford has been the bright spot, although yes, he can be better.

I am going to disagree with you as much as i can However i will ask what exactly you expect out of a player playing under 10 mins a game yet among our leaders in hits?

Actually to me, Andreoff has been the bright spot on the 4th line. I would expect him to play like he did last season. He looked like he finally turned the corner last season. This year not so much.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Actually to me, Andreoff has been the bright spot on the 4th line. I would expect him to play like he did last season. He looked like he finally turned the corner last season. This year not so much.

That's because he hasn't BEEN on the fourth line. He's been playing with Shore and Brown. When he IS on the fourth line, it's in games like last night where they're getting wrecked up and down the ice. Again, something I showed in another thread.

Point is, Nolan is terrible, Clifford is not, and Andreoff is good, but not capable of carrying any line.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
I don't miss Lewis at all. It isn't hard to find a guy that can play defense in the NHL and be good for 4-6 goals a year.

One thing is painfully obvious about who carries that Lewis/Shore/Brown line defensively at this point. Makes you wonder what the other 2 are doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad