Claude Giroux vs Vincent Lecavalier

Who would you insert into your organization, 20yr Giroux or 20yr Lecavalier ?

• Claude Giroux

• Vincent Lecavalier

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Yes, but that's still ignoring seven seasons before that and most forwards peak around 21-23 offensively. There's no question he played his healthiest seasons in a low-scoring NHL.

Giroux played through the second DPE and was only averaging about 71 points per season. We forget about that because scoring spiked again and Giroux, to his credit, had more longevity.

It's close and I see the case for Giroux, but I think it's a poor characterization of Lecavalier's career to say he had one great season.

I didn't say he only had one season to my knowledge. I'm just refuting the thought that GPG was much higher with Giroux because it hasn't been except for the last 3/4 years. You take those years out and I still take G. He's the one Flyers hill I will die on.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Giroux for me. I ran the averages of their three best seasons, selected by PPG. Giroux outproduces Lecavalier by a hair, but is involved in allowing significantly fewer goals against.

NHL GPGPlayerGPGAPtsGPGPPGEv-GAEvGA/GP
2.81Giroux803064940.371.17620.78
2.79Lecavalier814251930.511.14811.00
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Hey mods I hope you don’t mind the bump. I just want to get some more votes on this to people who haven’t seen the poll

Kind regards,

Coffee

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
I think I roll the dice with Vinny and hope he doesn't get his shoulder destroyed again, I'll take the 6'4 sniper with soft hands who also has an aggressive side to him.

Can't go wrong with either , but to me the intrigue of getting a healthy Vinny makes me lean that way. He was still a beast in the 2011 playoffs tell even after the injury, his IQ and offensive instincts were still elite while hos body was starting to break down

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
I take Giroux. Lecavalier was slightly better when everything came together, but it didn't happen very often.

Reactions: Play

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Good poll, love Giroux as a flyers fan and I’d take him. VC was great but was never “the guy” just like Claude, and I feel they’re similar players, neither could be the best player on a championship team but both elite hockey players. I’d take Giroux though, his superior hockey sense, defensive stick and overall game make up for sniping abilities that VC had.

At his peak Giroux had one great shift in one good game. Vinny won a Cup and Claude simply knocked Crosby on his a$$.
Really nice evaluation, who was on Vinny’s team and who was on Giroux’s team during those playoff runs? You told me you hate the Flyers and Giroux without even saying it. Dumb post.

• Haha
Reactions: Play and Ignatius

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad