Proposal: Claude Giroux to Montreal - Megathread

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
you know that doesn't include the likes of Lindblom (20), Sanheim (21), Morin (21), and Hagg (22) who will all very likely be on the Flyers roster this fall which lowers their age. add to that their two oldest forwards, Read (31) and Filppula (33) who will be gone in a year. it's clear who the younger team is. Habs have a defense/goaltending all on the wrong side of 30.

Why are we comparing team ages at all, exactly? Team ages were brought up in response to Giroux being 'too old' for Montreal, which isnt a valid excuse, given the average age of Montreal's team, and recent trades and signings by management. The average age of the flyers team is irrelevant, since we aren't the ones saying hes too old to acquire and/or use.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Why are we comparing team ages at all, exactly? Team ages were brought up in response to Giroux being 'too old' for Montreal, which isnt a valid excuse, given the average age of Montreal's team, and recent trades and signings by management. The average age of the flyers team is irrelevant, since we aren't the ones saying hes too old to acquire and/or use.

some hab fan tried to imply they were a younger team, which they are not. but yes irrelevant like you say, we know we're getting younger and younger, habs are the opposite.

i like the one guy who said he wouldn't take Giroux for free even though his team doesn't have one legit top 6 center.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
some hab fan tried to imply they were a younger team, which they are not. but yes irrelevant like you say, we know we're getting younger and younger, habs are the opposite.

i like the one guy who said he wouldn't take Giroux for free even though his team doesn't have one legit top 6 center.

I agree. Sadly, you can't fix them all.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I have all i need right there.

Okay...

If Giroux was making zero dollars, I'd take him. Heck if he was making 6 million I'd take him.

But at 8.25m that cap hit is too much considering the term, him turning 30, and that his numbers declined last year.

Our top 6 is young. If we are giving up value to get a top 6 C, we want a top 6 C who can grow with our group.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Cue the "he's not a Habs fan anyway".

Not having Giroux for free beats by the nose the one having the Flyers to add young talent to get rid of CG. Turned out to be Ghost and Simmonds the cost of getting rid of old Giroux.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Okay...

If Giroux was making zero dollars, I'd take him. Heck if he was making 6 million I'd take him.

But at 8.25m that cap hit is too much considering the term, him turning 30, and that his numbers declined last year.

Our top 6 is young. If we are giving up value to get a top 6 C, we want a top 6 C who can grow with our group.

The problem is, you don't have 'value' to get a young 1C, since they are highly coveted, and very few teams have an extra one that they can spare.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
The problem is, you don't have 'value' to get a young 1C, since they are highly coveted, and very few teams have an extra one that they can spare.

In that case, we are content rolling with Galchenyuk/Danault. heck we might already have 2 of them ourselves.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
In that case, we are content rolling with Galchenyuk/Danault. heck we might already have 2 of them ourselves.

Thats fine, but please tell your Montreal fan amigos to stop making Giroux to Montreal threads; its not Flyers fans who keep bringing it up 3x a month. We're not interested in moving him to Montreal, and I think everyone is sick of this 'talk in circles' routine.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Okay...

Fair enough. You got carried away.

Now tell me what happened to Plekanec because if you look at TOI in playoffs he was 3rd most used fwd and 1c. The talented Galchenyuk was 7th fwd. Under Julien. In April of 2017.

Plekanec was 3rd also for reg. season TOI. I know its sexier to put AG at 1C but deep down you know he is a W. Been in the league 5 yrs now.

And thats why your fellow fans bless us with all the proposals to get you a 1c.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad