Claude Giroux II: Robin's Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
I don't know if you're being snarky on me, but I thought it was a somewhat interesting piece of trivia.

No I was being genuine, I didn't know that they had. It's pretty cool though. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if we picked kapanen if he is there when we pick because his dad played for the flyers.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Funny how other fanbases gave Giroux **** for not showing up against the Rangers, but Crosby is doing even less. What a Robin. Testament to the Rags defense and goaltending.

Last edited:

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Funny how other fanbases gave Giroux **** for not showing up against the Rangers, but Crosby is doing even less. What a Robin. Testament to the Rags defense and goaltending.

It's because Crosby is the NHL's golden boy

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
It's because Crosby is the NHL's golden boy

Well, to be accurate, Crosby has won a Cup and Olympic gold (times two) so he really doesn't need to prove that he can get it done on the big stage at this point.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Well, to be accurate, Crosby has won a Cup and Olympic gold (times two) so he really doesn't need to prove that he can get it done on the big stage at this point.

When Crosby came into the league and was put on a team with Malkin, it was expected that those two guys would win multiple Stanley Cups together. They're both well into their primes with only one cup and not much else to show for it. I think it's fair to say that Crosby has underwhelmed at times on the biggest stage. Outside of his golden goal at Vancouver, he hasn't really done anything to say he was the best player on a championship team. He was invisble in Sochi, and Malkin was far and away the better player in 2009.

Reaper1097

Jun 22, 2011

And didn't he sit out due to a minor injury for most of game 7 the year they won the cup? When players like malkin and talbot rose to the occasion and he shied away from it? But was out there right away to get the cup from the commish after they won...

Reaper1097

Jun 22, 2011
On a side note, after watching the rangers' suffocating defense hold Crosby and Malkin to a combined 10 pts in 7 games does it lessen the blame on giroux for his performance? Even though he didn't put up huge numbers he was still one of the best forwards during the series and he really has no one to play with with. If Crosby AND Malkin can be shutdown with a supporting cast of Neal, Kunitz, etc shouldn't it not be a suprise that giroux is held in check when he is by himself (with the exception of voracek)?

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
When Crosby came into the league and was put on a team with Malkin, it was expected that those two guys would win multiple Stanley Cups together. They're both well into their primes with only one cup and not much else to show for it. I think it's fair to say that Crosby has underwhelmed at times on the biggest stage. Outside of his golden goal at Vancouver, he hasn't really done anything to say he was the best player on a championship team. He was invisble in Sochi, and Malkin was far and away the better player in 2009.

I hate when people give Crosby all the credit for his "golden goal" iirc he did nothing in the Olympics before then, then takes the credit for a whole team effort no one remembers niedermayer (I think it was) who passed to Crosby, nope, he won canada the gold with a lucky shot from the bad angle, he's a hero. Give me a break.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
All he's proved is that he can sometimes get it done with a team of star players backing him. You swap him with giroux, how far do we make it? I'm not saying girouxs a better player, but he doesn't need the star power to get things done.

Edit: also even without him on team canada they would be expected to win gold

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
On a side note, after watching the rangers' suffocating defense hold Crosby and Malkin to a combined 10 pts in 7 games does it lessen the blame on giroux for his performance? Even though he didn't put up huge numbers he was still one of the best forwards during the series and he really has no one to play with with. If Crosby AND Malkin can be shutdown with a supporting cast of Neal, Kunitz, etc shouldn't it not be a suprise that giroux is held in check when he is by himself (with the exception of voracek)?

And giroux wasn't even at his best in the series

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
When Crosby came into the league and was put on a team with Malkin, it was expected that those two guys would win multiple Stanley Cups together. They're both well into their primes with only one cup and not much else to show for it.

And they only have that one because of an all-time choke job by Detroit.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
All new penguins fans think that one cup win makes them the best team in the nhl, I really wish Detroit beat them

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
I couldn't care less about people's opinions of Crosby after this series; I'm just hoping our local media guys will shut the hell up about Giroux now.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Randy Miller took a shot at Crosby on twitter last night, it was pretty subtle but considering the source it just made me laugh.

One of the Pens beat guys was trying to sunshine pump in regards to Crosby's play & Miller simply tweeted him something along the lines of Crosby only having 1 goal in 14 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad