Classic Wrestling Discussion: Part III & Wrestler Poll

Which 5 wrestlers do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Competing house shows in somewhat close proximity. Less than a year later, Raw and Nitro both were airing near other in Virginia. Google says those two arenas were less than 20 miles apart. That was the notable episode when DX invaded Nitro.

In one of the A&E WWE specials, when McMahon OK's the idea someone said ... but what if WCW sends some of their guys here? Vince goes "well... then we'll have all the wrestlers on our show and they won't have any... which show would you watch?"

I am super para phrasing this.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I found full episodes of Sunday Night Heat on YouTube and have been watching them and taking a nostalgia trip back to when I first started watching the attitude era (we got cable in October of 1998).

One thing that's leaping out to me is that Jim Cornette is just a world class color commentator. On some random tag match he's putting over all four competitors like this Sunday night heat means something, praising D'Lo Brown for working his way up from Nation flunky to two-time European champion, and how X-Pac has overcome his lack of size, etc. It really puts them all over. He'll be off the broadcast by early 1999, which I understand he couldn't wait to get off the road and help start up OVW, but I think he was a great, great commentator and worked really well with a young Shane.

Also, being that I was 11 at the time, I did not appreciate Debra McMichael enough. Wowzers.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
From Titanes en el Ring(Argentina early 80s)

A 5 star Classic between La Momia vs David el Pastor

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Coming up on Backlash 2004

aka Orton vs Foley. All timer. Looking forward to it

Some of these earlier JBL promos are absolutely WILD. The video of him “ambushing illegal immigrants” at the border and getting named GM Kurt Angle’s American of the year because of it 😭😭

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad