2006 Playoffs: Round 2, Game 3

2006 Playoffs: Round 2, Game 4

2006 Playoffs: Round 2, Game 5

2006 Playoffs: Round 2, Game 6

Last edited:

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
Re-watched boys on the bus the other day for the 23241245145th time, it's odd watching the management team back in the role of players... But still just so damn good.

The Perfect Human*

Watching these clips helps me relearn so much about some of these old players...

1) Hemsky is a magician - this is before opponents learned that he was a dangler before anything else. He was mystifying opponents with his moves, buying space on the PP, and making incredible passes. He has 100% confidence in his abilities - not afraid of any hits or anything. Awesome to watch

2) Pronger's abilities and skills are overrated by our fanbase. I mean, he's hands down the best Dman to ever play for this team, but it was more cerebral than "skill". He simply always made the right play, as simple as it was. He also never made mistakes. These are very simple concepts, but no one player really lives up to it. He reached a Lidstromian level in these playoffs. And to add to it, he was playing a ridiculous amount of minutes as well. What a player.

3) Steve Staios literally only did have one move with the puck on his stick in the defensive zone. Off the boards for the icing. No wonder we were so out-possessed and out-shot during that playoff run.

Sprague Cleghorn

User Registered
Aug 14, 2013
Edmonton, KY
Watching these clips helps me relearn so much about some of these old players...

1) Hemsky is a magician - this is before opponents learned that he was a dangler before anything else. He was mystifying opponents with his moves, buying space on the PP, and making incredible passes. He has 100% confidence in his abilities - not afraid of any hits or anything. Awesome to watch

2) Pronger's abilities and skills are overrated by our fanbase. I mean, he's hands down the best Dman to ever play for this team, but it was more cerebral than "skill". He simply always made the right play, as simple as it was. He also never made mistakes. These are very simple concepts, but no one player really lives up to it. He reached a Lidstromian level in these playoffs. And to add to it, he was playing a ridiculous amount of minutes as well. What a player.

3) Steve Staios literally only did have one move with the puck on his stick in the defensive zone. Off the boards for the icing. No wonder we were so out-possessed and out-shot during that playoff run.

But Coffey is the best dman to have ever played for our team. :(

Eskie Jetski

Jun 25, 2004
Anybody recognize the instrumental song that was played after Oilers goals during the 1990 Stanley Cup playoff run?

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Well **** you, NHL. Why take down footage of games you'll never commercially release to the public? Great way to treat your fans! See if you get another dollar from me.

janybos7

Oct 11, 2020
Slovakia
Hi guys.
I am looking for 3 old games of Oilers .
28.February 2001 home game Oilers against St.Louis Blues
24.March 2004 home game of Oilers against Dallas Stars
31.March 2004 Dallas Stars (home) - Oilers ( away )

Is it any chance that anybody got these ones ?
Or do you know anybody who could have it or where to look for it ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad