Confirmed with Link: Claesson signs (1yr 2way $700k/$100k)

leftwinglocker

Go Knights !
Jul 22, 2010
I am not saying that Boro is a corsi expert like Wiercioch, but you know what? All I want from my depth D-men and forwards is that they don't get scored on often while my key players are catching their breath.

Maybe Boro had too big of a role in certain games but the fault lies on Cowen and Wiercioch who both failed as seizing the opportunity, and Phillips injury. What was planned before last season :

1- Karlsson
2- Methot
3- Ceci
4- Wiercioch
5- Cowen
6- Phillips
7- Borowiecki

Problem is this upcoming season, all of Phillips, Cowen and Wiercioch are gone :laugh:

1- Karlsson
2- Phaneuf
3- Methot
3- Ceci
4- Wiercioch
5- Cowen
6- Phillips
7- Borowiecki

EDIT : Actually, look what I discovered :

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?rep...evTimeOnIcePerGame&aggregate=0&teamId=9&pos=D

Borowiecki HAD THE LOWEST TOI/G AT EVEN STRENGHT AMONG ALL SENS D-MEN LAST SEASON. Safe to say, he is low on the priority list to play at ES but he is paid to PK

Conclusion : this is another storm in a Sens glass of water

And tied for the best 5v5 GA/60 for Dmen over 500 mins in the last two years, with the highest % of Dzone starts .

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Glad he made you feel comfortable, it's something we should probably consider with all of our young players... ;)

Sorry bro but I don't think you looked that great in your second call up :sarcasm:

Although you looked more comfortable when he was called up for the second time... how did you really feel? :D

LMAO. But, but I was more comfortable...

Anyways, HE looked better in his second call up and played a lot with EK. Karlsson is so unpredictable, it's not easy to play with him. I though Claesson did a good job the second time around.

If he can play 10-12 mins at ES with Karlsson, get another 3-4 on the PK, we could move Phaneuf to his preferred RD spot and solidify our other pairs.

Claesson- Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Chabot- Phaneuf

Boro-Wideman

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
If he can play 10-12 mins at ES with Karlsson, get another 3-4 on the PK, we could move Phaneuf to his preferred RD spot and solidify our other pairs.

Claesson- Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Chabot- Phaneuf

Boro-Wideman

Claesson isn't ready for top line minuets with EK, and I don't think we will have Phaneuf on the third pairing and judging by the comments made towards Chabot I feel as if he will be sent back to junior unless he really shows up and the rookie tournament

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Claesson isn't ready for top line minuets with EK, and I don't think we will have Phaneuf on the third pairing and judging by the comments made towards Chabot I feel as if he will be sent back to junior unless he really shows up and the rookie tournament

Karlsson plays so much that he often plays ES time with other D beside Methot. 10 -12 minutes for Claesson means that someone else will get some time with Karlsson. It's not like this is a videogame and you're not allowed to make changes to your d pairings on the fly.

Also, People put way too much importance into line or pair numbers. At even strength, most lines and d-pairs play a similar amount of minutes. It's the special teams that separates them and game situation. For example, coach are going to cut their bench after 50 minutes.

Agree with Chabot. However, I do believe he would be perfect alongside a RD Phaneuf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad