CL Matchweek 3

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Like I said before this season started...I think this year is the start of where the English start becoming the dominant league in Europe again. Bought the right coaches and spending endless money that other leagues just won't be able to keep up with outside of a couple of teams.

...aaaand there's Salah.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
2 APOEL subs used before half time, one on the goalie. Not good for their hopes of enduring this if Dortmund get their heads in the match.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Like I said before this season started...I think this year is the start of where the English start becoming the dominant league in Europe again. Bought the right coaches and spending endless money that other leagues just won't be able to keep up with outside of a couple of teams.

...aaaand there's Salah.
UEFA made sure EPL teams go far : more teams, and easiest draws.
But they still can't compete with Spain's big 3. Good news for them is that Bayern has regressed, but PSG has progressed.
All in all, they can only claim one team in the top 5 or 6 : City.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

There's still a long way to go towards that.

City and United are really the only teams that can compete with PSG/Barca/Real/Bayern in terms of money.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If Salah could finish a little bit better he would probably score 30 goals a season. Too smart getting in attacking positions and is obviously such a creative dribbler. Too bad he's an average finisher.

If you can admit that he should be replacing Can, who is the only Liverpool player that looks poor, I can get on board.

Wouldn't mind him replacing anyone really. He gives the team something they don't have. Tireless running, leadership, good crosses in from midfield.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
There's still a long way to go towards that.

City and United are really the only teams that can compete with PSG/Barca/Real/Bayern in terms of money.

Bayern is on the downswing I think; they'll still be very good but they won't have more money than teams like Chelsea, Liverpool maybe even Arsenal (and Newcastle with new owners perhaps?) while Real, Barca and PSG are on the same level as United and City in spending power, but other than those three teams the English will just have more money and they have more draw as well. Now they're actually spending that money, for the most part, well and getting in the right coaches to be successful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad