CIS vs WJ Team

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
First interesting tidbit: of the 11 OUA reps, 8 are from the OUA East. Only Bradford (Windsor), Maniccia (Brock) and Behenna (Waterloo) rep the OUA West.

Reflecting the fact that...the OUA East is clearly the stronger conference? :naughty:

I mean, if Camp is picking largely from the East as a western coach, that has to say something.

Bit puzzled over the McNamee selection from Carleton to be honest. Welychka, Fraser, Van Stralen would all have been better selections to face a major junior all-star team (read: Canada WJC team).

Good team though, should give them a good run. :yo:

AdamMcg83

Oct 12, 2011
www.twitter.com
Reflecting the fact that...the OUA East is clearly the stronger conference? :naughty:

I mean, if Camp is picking largely from the East as a western coach, that has to say something.

Bit puzzled over the McNamee selection from Carleton to be honest. Welychka, Fraser, Van Stralen would all have been better selections to face a major junior all-star team (read: Canada WJC team).

Good team though, should give them a good run. :yo:

I think this is flawed logic; I would be surprised if Camp had any tangible input on roster selection.

Dutch

May 17, 2006
Trois-Rivières
This team will sure be a good test for WJC.

Is Martin Lefebvre the only player who was invited to the WJC summer camp (2011) on the CIS team or there are others ?

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
(F) Maillet -UNB, (F) Saulnier -Moncton, (F) Locke -StFX, (D) Pufahl -Acadia, (D) Chiarlitti -StFX

(spares)
(F) Andrews -UPEI, (F) Brace -UNB, (D) Murray -UNB, (D) Petgrave -UNB, (F) Farrell -Acadia, (D) Doornbosch -Saint Mary's, (F) Saulnier -Moncton

Corbin Boes - Dalhousie (G), Jordan Murray - UNB, Matthew Pufahl - Acadia, Eric Locke - StFX, Stephen MacAulay, Alex Saulnier - Moncton

I got 3.5 (Murray was on my spare D list). I never really did say which twin I was going with - figure I'd hedge my bet and assume one would make it.

The team looks much deeper this year than in the past.

AUS Fan gets the beer for the best guess though

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
It would be nice to see the games, but I don't think so. Unless the big names are playing, no one would watch and no eyeballs means no sponsorship.

AdamMcg83

Oct 12, 2011
www.twitter.com
It would be nice to see the games, but I don't think so. Unless the big names are playing, no one would watch and no eyeballs means no sponsorship.

I wouldn't expect to see this on TV, but IIRC, didn't TSN stream last year's games against the Toronto CIS All-Stars?

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
AUS Fan gets the beer for the best guess though

It was not a guess. It took me about 30 minutes to go through several different permutations of "if he goes, than he can't go" and so on. And in my head I picked Alex, but typed Alain.

Big Bad Jon

Jan 29, 2012
Freddy Beach
I think it is very disappointing this game isn't on one of TSN's 5 channels. A lost chance to show that CIS players aren't just washed up.

leafhky88

Mar 16, 2009
Toronto
CIS wins 5-4 (Shootout). Queens' defenceman Spencer Abraham with the SO winner.

I believe I read tomorrow's game is on TSN2.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
That was entertaining. Nice to see the AUS guys in on the scoring. It did get a bit tiring listening to Toth and the other guy keep talking about how wonderful the CIS team was. I realize that it was a CIS broadcast, but a bit over the top.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I think TSN webcast the game as well....at least that's the impression I got from reading the Team Canada thread over at the International Tournament forum.

leafhky88

Mar 16, 2009
Toronto
Here was the CIS lineup:

Heelis - McNamee - Asselin
Behenna - Hinse - Maniccia
Depape - Reddick - Fiddler
Saulnier - Macaulay - Locke

Campbell - Rowley
Labreque - Bradford
Pufahl - Murray
Lefebve - Abraham

Bailie
Cooke

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
"And the last thing they want to do is broadcast a game where their golden boys get beat by a bunch of "washed up, university players" haha"

"Canada looked sloppy"

Let's not get over-excited. The whole purpose of these games is as a tune up for TC and to see how bubble guys compete. I'm certain that if the "big guns" had played last night the results may have been different.
I enjoyed the game, even though the commentary was not the best. Be interesting to see how the CIS guys do at noon today with a short rest. AUS guys were very involved with Locke and Saulnier getting 3 pts each and MacAulay with 1.

The box score is on the CIS website

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Team Canada upsets CIS All-Stars.

I watched the 1st period and just before the start of the 2nd, I had visitors for a short while. When I went back to the game it was 5-0. It took me until almost the end of the game to piece together what Toth was saying about the scoring. If I'm not mistaken, Boes gave up 3 more in the 2nd and Cooke gave up one???

Overall, a great experience for the CIS guys. Even missing the stars, TC looked pretty good at a lot of times during both games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad