CIS off season (Recruiting)

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Saint Mary's had Calder Brooks (58 points in 52 games in WHL last year) and Taylor Burke (QMJHL - was invited to Flames camp) listed on the box score for tonight's game against Dalhousie.

recruiter

Jul 14, 2011
Western
Sean Callaghan D Plymouth Ohl*
Nick Charif D Spokane WHL*
Connor Chartier F Pentiction Bchl*
Spenser Cobbold F Charlottetown Q*
Andrew Goldberg F Mississauga Ohl*
Mark MacAuley F Cobourg Opjhl*

Delete Josh McDonald Peterborough

leafhky88

Mar 16, 2009
Toronto
LAURIER
Will Cook F Wellington Ojhl
Marc Williams G Georgetown Ojhl
Jarryd Leung F Prince George Bchl
Christian Mroczkowski F Waterloo Gojhl
Ryan Langan F Dieppe MHL
Mac Clustam D Elmira D Gojhl
Mitch Wright F Elmira F Gojhl
Trevor Sauder F Stratford Gojhl *
Jordan Delaurier F Kitchener Gojhl*

Also add

D - Alex Adams (Laurentian - CIS)

Laurier has posted its roster. Last year they lost 3 players to graduation. Of the remaining roster eligible to return this year, they have lost 2 players - former Niagara Ice Dogs starter Chris Festarini (who missed most of last year due to a concussion) and former Plymouth Whalers' leading scorer Zach Lorentz (who was Laurier's rookie of the year and #1 center).

Losing Lorentz is a blow to Laurier's offence. Last year they were able to roll 3 fairly strong forward lines - this year I think they may have 2 or 2 and a half. The defence is not very deep either, but should be a bit stronger than last year. The goaltending should be better simply because with 3 goaltenders, I don't think they will need to go to intramural goalies due to injuries like they did last year. However, looking at the rest of the teams, I think for the 3rd year in a row, Laurier will be in tough to make the playoffs. I expect an 8-10 finish.

leafhky88

Mar 16, 2009
Toronto
Laurier's roster has been updated to reflect the walk-on players who previously did not have a number.

However, the roster now shows an additional #0. It appears after missing most of last year with a concussion and not appearing earlier on the roster, that former Niagara Ice Dogs starter Chris Festarini is back for his second year. He had an up and down year last year, but has excellent size and mobility. If healthy, I am interested to see how he will fare this year.

Laurier now has 4 goaltenders.

Last edited:

jaysfan17

Mar 22, 2015
Add: Graham McBain (Salmon Arm Silvertips, BCHL) 2011-2012 season. He has made the team as a walk-on.

Two other walk-ons have made the team. One of which has junior experience, however I do not have all the details.....yet.

Phillipe Sinconelly played in Saint Jean Sur Richelieu last season. He has made the team as a walk-on. As for the other walk-on, he has been cut from camp.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Max Iafrate and Connor Rankin have both recently been released from their AHL contracts.

Does anyone know if they'll join a CIS team anytime soon?

Last edited:

recruiter

Jul 14, 2011
Max will head to Stfx

Stephen Pierog to Guelph
Marcus Hinds/Jamie Lewis to Ryerson
Alex Fotinos to Acadia

STUTOMMIES

Jul 23, 2008
Fredericton
I was talking to a fellow at Costco this morning who said that Kyle has a big defenceman from Ontario coming in for the second half. He didn't know a name.

I would have to guess based on past experience that it is an overage player not good enough to get an OA position on a OHL team this year or maybe Junior A. I could be wrong but that is my guess.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Christopher Clapperton was released from his contract with the Marlies.

Probably going back to school in Québec or in Maritimes?

recruiter

Jul 14, 2011
Stephen Pierog & Cody McNaughton to Guelph
Marcus Hinds/ Jamie Lewis to Ryerson & Kyle Blaney returns 2nd semester for Ryerson as well
Chance Braid/ rumour - Alex Fotinos to Acadia
Max Iafrare to St Fx
Connor Rankin to Mount Royal

Hearing rumours of few more guys going out East as well no confirmation. And won't speculate

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Just doing a quick check of the AUS rosters to see where everyone stands in regards to the 22 skater cap (please correct me if I am off on any of these):

UNB - have used 19 skaters thus far, Braes/Thomas should be returning for 2nd half so they will probably only add one guy.

Acadia - have used 20 skaters thus far, have announced Chance Braid leaving them with one more spot

Dalhousie - have used 22 skaters thus far, can't add anyone

Moncton - have used 20 skaters thus far, can add two more players although D Patrick Huard is listed on their roster and hasn't played yet this year (but he doesn't appear to be someone they are waiting on...can see them adding two more guys if they can).

Saint Marys - have used 20 skaters thus far, Stephen Johnston has yet to play this year so I can only see them adding one more guy (unless Johnston is going to miss the whole season).

St. Thomas - have used 19 skaters thus far, can add 3 more players.

St. FX - have used 21 skaters thus far, the announced addition of Max Iafrate will max them out.

UPEI - have used 20 skaters thus far, D Derek Ryckman hasn't played yet this year so they are in the same situation as SMU.

So only Dalhousie and St. FX have used up all of their spots...I definitely thought a few more teams had also reached the max.

Dutch

May 17, 2006
Trois-Rivières
Christophe Lalonde, who had a stint in the AHL last year after his junior career, played for McGill last night against Yale. So I'm guessing he's going there, after playing for two LNAH teams and one ECHL team since the start of the season.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
A few STU notes from the Gleaner:

- They add defenceman Brayden Wood and forward Matt Wright.

- Zach Hall is close to returning.

- Shane McColgan will miss the rest of the year due to injury.

- Steven Janes, who hasn't played yet this year, isn't going to use up a year of eligibility and will finish the year academically before transferring to York in the fall.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Christophe Lalonde, who had a stint in the AHL last year after his junior career, played for McGill last night against Yale. So I'm guessing he's going there, after playing for two LNAH teams and one ECHL team since the start of the season.

Very nice pickup for the Redmond. Lalonde is a skilled forward who had 40 goals for the Wildcats a couple of seasons ago. They look like real contenders for the Nationals.

Finder24

Dec 22, 2015
Hearing Mike Diapolo will likely end up in OUA. His girlfriend goes to Ryerson, but he won't be playing there. List of possible teams is still pretty large. Will have to sit out 1 year before being eligible too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad