Chris Kunitz game misconduct....

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
This is a play that occurs countless times every game, it's not Kunitz' fault that Bailey wasn't expecting it/ can't keep his balance.

Just because there's an injury doesn't mean it was an illegal/dirty play.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Just curious, will he be suspended for this hit? I didn't see it. Thanks

No, Bailey and him made contact and Bailey fell weird, that's all there is too it. Overreaction by the refs, Shanahan will likely have nothing to say about it besides the whole ref on the ice made the call and we'll leave it at that.

Your fantasy team will be fine.

NewFang

Aug 4, 2008
THere is no way that is suspendable. Head was not the principle point of contact.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
No, Bailey and him made contact and Bailey fell weird, that's all there is too it. Overreaction by the refs, Shanahan will likely have nothing to say about it besides the whole ref on the ice made the call and we'll leave it at that.

Your fantasy team will be fine.

With one caveat, being the potential injury to Sid... Fingers crossed.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
McClean seems pissed Iginla didn't choose Cherry's favorite team. Not to mention I've had a feeling for a while that those two (McClean and Cherry) really don't like the Penguins.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I love how polite Jarome is. He wanted to be like "**** you Ron, lay off" but instead he was like "man, you're pushing me pretty good here"*laughs*.

Yeah that was ridiculous. The dude doesn't have to tell you **** but Iginla handled with class.

As far as the Kunitz hit, it shouldn't even be a penalty so I'd say no suspension but you never know.

Ray Shero*

The fact that he got a game misconduct is B.S.

It was a perfectly legal shoulder hit, it's not his fault the guy went in head-first into the boards.

While it was unfortunate, it was NOT deserving of anything more that perhaps a 2 minute minor for roughing.

Ray Shero*

McClean seems pissed Iginla didn't choose Cherry's favorite team. Not to mention I've had a feeling for a while that those two (McClean and Cherry) really don't like the Penguins.

Cherry hates Malkin because he thinks he gets away with way too much.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
On Hockey Night in Canada tonight, Ron McClean grilled Iggy a bit on what went down with the trade. You can catch the video here:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl...nk-hockey-tonight-jarome-iginla-penguins.html

I love how polite Jarome is. He wanted to be like "**** you Ron, lay off" but instead he was like "man, you're pushing me pretty good here"*laughs*.
Haha, I thought that too.

Also, Sid must really love Dupuis if he's possibly tampering to get Iginla here. He probably celebrated all night/morning when we landed him only to have Iginla show up and Bylsma put him on a line with Geno.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
How can that be a penalty, let alone a game misconduct? Dupuis was face planted into the boards last week and there was nothing called.

it was a missed call in that case. Nothing to do with this situation. Bad calls in the past should not be used for arguments.

game misconduct was too much. Interference would have probably been the most reasonable call.

Gooch

May 28, 2008
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
Not only should that not be a suspension but that shouldnt of been a penalty or a game misconduct either. That couldve very well couldve handed the game to the Islanders and it wouldve been a huge tarnish on the streak.

If anything there should be some damn apologizing from the ref crew for botching the crap out of that and almost deciding the game. I won't hold my breath though, they never admit mistakes.

Master Shake*

Not only should that not be a suspension but that shouldnt of been a penalty or a game misconduct either. That couldve very well couldve handed the game to the Islanders and it wouldve been a huge tarnish on the streak.

If anything there should be some damn apologizing from the ref crew for botching the crap out of that and almost deciding the game. I won't hold my breath though, they never admit mistakes.

Those refs were awful last night for both teams. Alot of missed calls

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Shoulder to shoulder. Shouldn't have even been a penalty. Sooner or later they are going to just put a penalty in the books "hitting too hard"

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
it was a missed call in that case. Nothing to do with this situation. Bad calls in the past should not be used for arguments.

game misconduct was too much. Interference would have probably been the most reasonable call.

By default, check from behind is a 5 minute major and GM if it results in injury, so it was the right call at the time.

kshinkman*

Haters gonna hate.

I guess that this is the new Hockey's Future idiot response anytime some says something you don't agree. Do try to come up with something original next time. It's really getting boring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad