Chris Kunitz game misconduct....

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
No idea. I didn't think it was that egregious but the league is kind of ticky-tac with hits these days.

skillhockey

Feb 26, 2013
Hard to say about shanigan but he boarded guy head ahead to boards. might be game or two.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Hard to say about shanigan but he boarded guy head ahead to boards. might be game or two.

I'm not sure what you mean head ahead? He hit a guy at the goal line shoulder to shoulder. It was an unfortunate fall, but I can't fathom how that call was anything but calling based on the result.

skillhockey

Feb 26, 2013
it might've been a bit from side but it was mainly behind, they're pretty clear on that, you gotta be right by the opponent or it's boarding.

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
I think if the ref would have seen the whole play it would have been a 2 minute call. He hit him shoulder to shoulder on the red line. I understand why without the benefit of replay he was given a game misconduct, but I will be shocked if there is a suspension.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
it might've been a bit from side but it was mainly behind, they're pretty clear on that, you gotta be right by the opponent or it's boarding.

They didn't call boarding, they called checking from behind. It's an automatic 5 minutes & a game. I would be equally unsurprised to see him get the misconduct rescinded or to see him get a game or two. Pretty sure they're just throwing darts at a board with suspensions these days.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Its the NHL so who knows??? Sometimes a rules a rule and sometimes its not.

Kunitz might get 2 games and by the rules he should. Then what about Nash? What about Weber taking another human beings head in his hand and crushing it into the boards???

Sorry but HNIC grilling Iggy has me irked.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
Its the NHL so who knows??? Sometimes a rules a rule and sometimes its not.

Kunitz might get 2 games and by the rules he should. Then what about Nash? What about Weber taking another human beings head in his hand and crushing it into the boards???

Sorry but HNIC grilling Iggy has me irked.

What's this now?

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I uploaded it here. Not perfect quality but good enough for those to see the hit in question.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
They mentioned something about player tampering by the Pens, I think. Didn't hear the whole segment, just a couple choice words.

If we're talking about the same interview, Ron McLean asked Iginla if he had received a call from Sid and that's what convinced him to come here. Iginla responded "there's some truth to that, I heard that Sid put in a good word."

Basically, no evidence of tampering other than Sid "putting in a good word" - which of course he did, anyone with an IQ over 20 would assume that he went to management and advocated for them bringing in Iginla. I think it was more the way Iginla answered the question that kind of left it open to interpretation. He said "there's some truth to that" but the rest of his response had nothing to do with him and Sid actually talking. He could have "heard that Sid put in a good word for him" any time from when the deal was concluded to this morning when they talked at the pre-game meeting.

tl;dr: much ado about nothing with the media trying to create controversy. No doubt Bruins fans and others will grab onto it like a rabid dog with a brand new bone and the river of tears will sweep us all out to sea.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
They mentioned something about player tampering by the Pens, I think. Didn't hear the whole segment, just a couple choice words.

Haters gonna hate. Some people have a really hard time accepting the fact that a lot of players actually want to play on the Penguins. F those turd burglars.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Cherry on coaches corner briefly talked about it.

No one can take a man for his word he wanted to come here? Cherry was defending, Feaster, and he was right in doing so.

I still believe Chiarelli put it out there to try and sway, Iginla. Feaster said he had to talk with Iggy, and they were not allowed/not given permission to talk with him directly.

What did they have to lose. I think it's pretty telling when the final say had to come from the bus driver, Iginla. I'm 100% sure they knew what Iginla's answer was going to be and took leading the pack as they were the winner and try to force the trade their way.

Suck it up and move on.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Game Misconduct will be rescinded. No suspension.

Anything else is a joke.

Neil Smith was on NHL Network earlier agreeing that it was a clean hit.

Not going to comment much on the alleged "player tampering" other than that is just plain stupid. Someone doesn't get their way so they are going to go to all ends to ***** and moan about it. Kind of like how people want to sue everyone when something goes wrong on the slightest of things.

titaniumexpose

LG Pens & Sharks
Dec 13, 2006
Ohio by way of Ford City, PA
If we're talking about the same interview, Ron McLean asked Iginla if he had received a call from Sid and that's what convinced him to come here. Iginla responded "there's some truth to that, I heard that Sid put in a good word."

Basically, no evidence of tampering other than Sid "putting in a good word" - which of course he did, anyone with an IQ over 20 would assume that he went to management and advocated for them bringing in Iginla. I think it was more the way Iginla answered the question that kind of left it open to interpretation. He said "there's some truth to that" but the rest of his response had nothing to do with him and Sid actually talking. He could have "heard that Sid put in a good word for him" any time from when the deal was concluded to this morning when they talked at the pre-game meeting.

tl;dr: much ado about nothing with the media trying to create controversy. No doubt Bruins fans and others will grab onto it like a rabid dog with a brand new bone and the river of tears will sweep us all out to sea.

Yeah, I should have mentioned it was the roundtable/hotstove (whatever it's called) thing with Glen Healy, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad