Confirmed with Link: Chris Higgins PTO with Flames

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Talk about a guy who fell off the face of the planet eh?
9 seasons of steady middle 6 play; to 4 points in the NHL last year splitting time in the AHL.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Talk about a guy who fell off the face of the planet eh?
9 seasons of steady middle 6 play; to 4 points in the NHL last year splitting time in the AHL.

I love that he's a Flame the year before he becomes a really effective player and the year after his ability all but disappeared. This is a nothing move.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I love that he's a Flame the year before he becomes a really effective player and the year after his ability all but disappeared. This is a nothing move.
I really liked him when he was here, he was snake bitten but he generated a ton of scoring chances.

The most important part of this move is he meets the veteran requirement in the preseason games.

J Canuck

Mar 19, 2013
the couch
Good guy with a great attitude, glad someone is giving him a chance. His brother was a valued member of HFCanucks, so welcome HiggsBroson when he gets here.

Cheers.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I don't mind this. Competition is a good thing. :)

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
This kind of PTO's are like a free lottery ticket. It's not likely that you win anything, but it's free so why not spent 10 seconds scratching.

Indeed.

Except the Gooch actually got a contract. :laugh:

It shows how bad the RW situation was and how bad Setoguchi was when he fell off the wagon.

Also, Engelland was supposed to be a Plan B 3-4RW.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Shinkaruk (and Tkachuk, Pribyl, Poirier, etc.) are competing for top-9 spots. This PTO has no effect on them.

Higgins would be for the 4th line or the coveted popcorn tasting position in the press box (13th/14th forward). He's essentially competing with Hathaway for that extra forward spot.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Depth move for camp. Teams still need to ice a minimum amount of veterans per preseason game and some players will be missing for the World Cup.

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
Meh, no risk. Probably not getting a contract. I used to like the guy back in Montreal and was glad when the Flames got him. But when he wouldn't resign with them, I stopped liking the guy and was kind of happy he ended up in a team that I can't stand in the Canucks.

If I remember right, didn't he not want to sign with Calgary because he wanted to play in a US market?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00