Waived: Chris Bourque

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
I hope CB will come back up at some point in the near future!

Would love to see Bourque with Peverley & Clowe; Peverley & Soderberg and a true #3 offensive line.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
I hope CB will come back up at some point in the near future!

Would love to see Bourque with Peverley & Clowe; Peverley & Soderberg and a true #3 offensive line.

Yikes! Sorry to inform you that Chris Bourque's days are likely done. My guess is that they will keep him in Providence or try to get something for him at the trade deadline- maybe a 6th rd pick.
Too small and didn't take advantage of a golden opportunity that the Bruins gave him. Very obvious and it was painful to watch for 19 games.

Jordan Caron makes a big impact on his first game with the third line.Just need to hope he continues.

The experiment is over and I am glad.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
The Sharks power play, which was ranked 14th in the AHL (83.5%) going into tonight's contest, was no match for the Bruins power play. Quarterbacked by Chris Bourque, Cunningham scored twice on two separate power plays. The goals at 0:21 and 11:39 marked Cunningham's fifth and sixth goals in his last three games.

mashmont

May 27, 2011
Massachusetts
True, however the Penalty Killers in the NHL have a higher skill level and will punish you easier if you make a mistake so that has to be a factor.

I was more referring to his 5 on 5 Play though.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Feel bad, Too bad he couldnt get there in the NHL. If he was like 3" bigger, he'd still be small but i bet hed be a great player.

I don't buy it. He never showed anyhwhere close to the skills to be a great player.

If he was 5-6 inches taller, then maybe he'd be able to be physical enough to make up for his limited skills, and be a 3rd or 4th line grinder. He's a 5'6" version of danny Paille without the top end speed and defensive instincts

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Anyone wanna see why I`ll always take a big body with Kelly and Pevs over a small one, just watch that Flyers game. Caron put a clinic on as to how keeping it simple, and being able to win battles along the boards completely changes the impact a line can have. Tis merely one game, hardly time to hand him anything but the 3rd line playing it`s best game, and having a bigger body on that line isn`t merely a coincidence
How do you think the future will play out with Caron? It's kind of an interesting scenario with the B's anticipating the Swedes's arrival. Caron certainly played with passion against the Flyers,I hope he is the answer,there is a lot to like about his game but as you mentioned it was only one game.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
How do you think the future will play out with Caron? It's kind of an interesting scenario with the B's anticipating the Swedes's arrival. Caron certainly played with passion against the Flyers,I hope he is the answer,there is a lot to like about his game but as you mentioned it was only one game.

Did his performance in Pro warrant this callup to begin with?

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Did his performance in Pro warrant this callup to begin with?

Does it matter? His performance in the NHL previously has shown that he is at worst a significant upgrade on Bourque.

And for what it is worth apparently his last 10 games or so were worthy of a promotion

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
There is zero question as to whether he can play in the AHL. Unfortunately he looks to be stuck between a rock and hard place.

CB can be an AHL all star and make his living as a professional athlete for the next ten years or so.

Sounds like a fine fate to me. No reason for anybody to feel sorry for the guy.

The Dangly One

Dangle dangle goal
Jun 13, 2011
Sometimes a player just can't play as well at the lower level and blossom when they get to the big show. Caron did well in one game. Lets just wait and see how he does after 10 before we get too excited.

That's one more game than Chris bourque

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Last edited:

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
Wrong,his prior performance put him where Bourque is now. 4 goals 3 assists his last 8 games.
Caron better be good

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/03/...-carl-soderberg-but-what-can-he-bring-to-nhl/

Jordan Caron had a 10 day stretch (3/4/12-3/13/12) in the NHL more productive 4-4-8 than Chris Bourque's entire career 2-6-8.

And even if you take that stretch out, he's 6-9-15 in 67 games, which is still almost double Bourque's production. And Caron is miles ahead of Bourque in defense and board work.

Let's let the AHL numbers die. One guy is suited to play with Kelly and Peverley, the other clearly wasn't.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Jordan Caron had a 10 day stretch (3/4/12-3/13/12) in the NHL more productive 4-4-8 than Chris Bourque's entire career 2-6-8.

And even if you take that stretch out, he's 6-9-15 in 67 games, which is still almost double Bourque's production. And Caron is miles ahead of Bourque in defense and board work.

Let's let the AHL numbers die. One guy is suited to play with Kelly and Peverley, the other clearly wasn't.

It can not be said any better. GREAT POST:handclap:

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

We'll see,most players with 15 points in 67 NHL games wash out, and mini streaks of production are just as common. He was non productive in the AHL this year til he just put together points in 6 of 10 games in the AHL. He's more likely to flounder as flourish.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

I WOULD let those numbers die.

I just get the feeling that Caron has been called up more for fit than because he actually earned his spot. I don't like it, but I understand it. And I hope he DOES work out here.

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
We'll see,most players with 15 points in 67 NHL games wash out, and mini streaks of production are just as common. He was non productive in the AHL this year til he just put together points in 6 of 10 games in the AHL. He's more likely to flounder as flourish.

Why are you rooting for Caron to fail?

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock

Spot-on.

Well said :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig