Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
More surprising than Miles Wood rise is Alex Tuch's seemingly fall. Kind of strange?

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Does Dudek play every game?

Yeah, Dudek has only missed one game. He's been playing 4th line center so is not getting much scoring done.

More surprising than Miles Wood rise is Alex Tuch's seemingly fall. Kind of strange?

Very strange indeed. I mean he's playing on the line of Tuch - Sanford - Gilmour, which has been improving over the last few games, but yikes...the freshmen just blew the scoring out of the house. It's odd because only after Bracco's departure did White step his game up...but for Tuch...right now at least, talk about some disappointing production from a first round pick. He'll be good, but he's been through a real slump

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
How the hell did Brian Gionta never win the Hobey Baker award? Have you seen his college stats. What a travesty. John Madden is another guy who could have won one, but Brendan Morrison kinda over shadowed him I guess.

dougiebrown

Oct 22, 2007
New Jersey
How the hell did Brian Gionta never win the Hobey Baker award? Have you seen his college stats. What a travesty. John Madden is another guy who could have won one, but Brendan Morrison kinda over shadowed him I guess.

Ryan Miller won that year, and his stats were crazy good for a goalie.

31 wins, 5 losses, 1.32 GAA, .950 Save Percentage, 10 Shutouts, and a Brodeur-like 3 assists.

brule2000

Jan 9, 2006
Thanks, I didn't remember him holding out.

Another college player around that time that I had high hopes for was Scott Pellerin.

Did he also win a Hobey Baker?

I remember being at games when he scored as a rookie.

Thought he would be a long time Devil.

Pellerin did win the Hobey and had himself a really good career. The Devs had so much talent at that time that he had to go to St. Louis to be an everyday player. That's the situation that gets David Conte so much goodwill from us old fans.

Pellerin was a far more straight ahead and solid player than Emma. He was more in the Pat Conacher mould and better fitted the NHL game in the '90s.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I don't know how big a concern it should be, but it's a concern nonetheless, that Zacha racks up penalty minutes like it's nobody's business. Another 6 PIM tonight, the only penalty minutes on his team. Are these penalties because he's just much more physically mature than his opponents? Is he wildly undisciplined? A mix of both? I just hope this trend doesn't continue at the NHL level.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't know how big a concern it should be, but it's a concern nonetheless, that Zacha racks up penalty minutes like it's nobody's business. Another 6 PIM tonight, the only penalty minutes on his team. Are these penalties because he's just much more physically mature than his opponents? Is he wildly undisciplined? A mix of both? I just hope this trend doesn't continue at the NHL level.

It's more then fixable. Entirely possible he is trying extra hard to make things happen and is getting PIMs for it since the rest of his team blows.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
It's more then fixable. Entirely possible he is trying extra hard to make things happen and is getting PIMs for it since the rest of his team blows.

That's very possible, and you're right it is fixable. I'll concede I'm simply stat watching, I have no clue what kind of penalties he's getting. But 36 PIM in 18 games is still a worrying amount (I don't know if that's updated already, if not it could be 42 PIM in 19 games).

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Corey Perry's been an effective power forward for years with a ton of 100+ PIM seasons, fwiw. Unless Zacha's a total nutcase that takes suspensions at a Cooke-like rate I'm not concerned.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He is bigger and faster then everyone out there so it might just be easier to call things on him too.

Again if it's actually something in his play it can be coached out of him.

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
In regards to Zacha, it depends on the type of minors. Don't want him to be dirty, but I'd rather see him taking some more aggressive penalties like roughing and boarding calls, not hooking and tripping, which are typically lazy penalties.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
He is bigger and faster then everyone out there so it might just be easier to call things on him too.

Again if it's actually something in his play it can be coached out of him.

Being fast should not make him get penalties easier, not sure how that makes any sense.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Pavel Zacha with a powerplay goal for Sarnia tonight.

JQ with a goal so far for Brandon.

Alexander Kerfoot with 3 assists tonight for Harvard.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Pavel Zacha with a powerplay goal for Sarnia tonight.

JQ with a goal so far for Brandon.

Alexander Kerfoot with 3 assists tonight for Harvard.

where'd you see that about Kerfoot? The NCAA site lists Harvard as only scoring one unassisted goal against Notre Dame tonight.

EDIT: Must be something wrong with the site. Everywhere else has the correct 4-1 score. Nice to see Kerfoot picking up right where he left off last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad