Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Devils announce rookie camp roster.

http://devils.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=778142

Any surprises?

It's normal that the college players wouldn't be attending, right? Like since Dudek and Wood are committed, would they have to pay their way through the whole thing if they wanted to attend? It'd be nice to see how Kerfoot and the other college guys measure up with the rest of our prospects, but that's minor.

I guess the only thing resembling a surprise would be Faust's absence, but I don't know if he even has a contract for next season, let alone whether or not the organization still considers him a prospect.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
It's normal that the college players wouldn't be attending, right? Like since Dudek and Wood are committed, would they have to pay their way through the whole thing if they wanted to attend? It'd be nice to see how Kerfoot and the other college guys measure up with the rest of our prospects, but that's minor.

I guess the only thing resembling a surprise would be Faust's absence, but I don't know if he even has a contract for next season, let alone whether or not the organization still considers him a prospect.

I figured Faust would be the #7 guy. He was at the rookie camp this summer. College guys can not attend as you mentioned.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

NCAA players are not permitted to attend any aspect of NHL training camp.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Eh I wouldn't say ceiling, but probably at least the 90% likely scenario should he even stick in the AHL. Still surprised he wasn't invited.

It's a 3 day tournament - why invite a guy who's already played a pro year (and 4 years of college, and has probably been to 5 NJD development camps), who probably won't even get to play?

brule2000

Jan 9, 2006
He's small of stature, not that good of a skater, weak shot, doesn't do anything good.
Bad draft pick.

He was a gamble taken out of high school in Minnesota. Those schools seem to operate in a parallel hockey world; scouts have made all kinds of terrible reads out there.

Having said that it was probably the only gift Lou ever gave to the press guys. Who didn't love the chance of "Faust inks deal with Devils"? :)

Last edited:

NorwegianDevil

Jul 13, 2012
Trondheim, Norway
Just a little info on Myles Bell and Curtis Gedig who's gonna play for the Norwegian team Stjernen this year;

Gedig is a bustmachine and Bell got really fat and lazy so the people cheering for Stjernen want them sent home before the season even started.

Lolz.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Just a little info on Myles Bell and Curtis Gedig who's gonna play for the Norwegian team Stjernen this year;

Gedig is a bustmachine and Bell got really fat and lazy so the people cheering for Stjernen want them sent home before the season even started.

Lolz.
That would explain why Bell's game collapsed in the ECHL last year I guess.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
That would explain why Bell's game collapsed in the ECHL last year I guess.

I remember there being some comments about his fitness and why he barely got any playing time in his few trips to Albany, but it must've been way worse than initially reported if Norwegian teams don't want him.

I would've liked to see Gedig get a shot in the AHL, but with Shero's overhaul of the D depth in the org, he'd probably be an 8th defenseman with Albany.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Bell will have many regrets later in life.

"If only I would have worked as hard as I could while I had the chance".

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Hearing about the prospect tourney has me excited to hopefully watch JQ have an excellent season with the Wheat Kings this year.

Me too. He really ended last year's playoffs on a tear and he spoke about how he wanted to have a better year next year. He won't play as the top line center though because of 2017 top prospect phenom, Nolan Patrick, but he'll have much more of an offensive role with the team.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Me too. He really ended last year's playoffs on a tear and he spoke about how he wanted to have a better year next year. He won't play as the top line center though because of 2017 top prospect phenom, Nolan Patrick, but he'll have much more of an offensive role with the team.

He should still get into the top 6 with everyone who left Brandon from last year.

And ya he had a great playoffs and looked good in the tourney. Now I want to see him take that next step in juniors.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I just noticed that Gavrus has been good so far in the KHL. 5 pts in 10 games. May it be his breakout year. I'll certainly try to catch some of his games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad