CHL Import Draft

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
What a scam these new Import draft rules are. They say you can't trade draft picks but Halifax wins the Memorial Cup and has 2 picks in the top 12, Windsor has 2 of the top 20. How is this fair to the other teams? A team like Kingston has 2 imports if Ikonen comes back so they are going to pass on their pick and get no value out of the 17th pick in the draft.

Order of selection has nothing to do with fairness,in Windsors case they picked up the
2nd one they have from NFalls in the Tom KuhnhackaL deal from 2 years ago,NF got
Windsor"s 2nd rd euro pick in that trade
Had NF finshed higher in the standings ie 1st or 2nd it would be in the 50"s for instance
instead of 20th
I do agree however about the rule changes including the one re goaltenders,the new rules are stupid

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
Order of selection has nothing to do with fairness,in Windsors case they picked up the
2nd one they have from NFalls in the Tom KuhnhackaL deal from 2 years ago,NF got
Windsor"s 2nd rd euro pick in that trade
Had NF finshed higher in the standings ie 1st or 2nd it would be in the 50"s for instance
instead of 20th
I do agree however about the rule changes including the one re goaltenders,the new rules are stupid

So Niagara Falls traded their pick and got some value out of it. Teams should be allowed to trade picks this year because of that.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
^I don't think anybody would disagree - it's a dumb rule. Basically your team should have traded one of it's current imports to a team with a later pick (ie 40-60 range) who had a import opening, and then used your #17.

OHLFan8771

Dec 6, 2011
Nylander is still on the board. Seems he wanted to stay in Europe and play but I would not be shocked to see London take a gamble on him. Top 96 prospect and they have nothing to lose if he doesnt report with Maata and Zadorov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad