GDT: chicar

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Take a step back, realize they got 3 of 4 points from a back to back with Chicago and Columbus. That’s a good weekend. Teams blow 2 goal leads, it happens and it sucks. This isn’t a Hurricanes only thing. Just like the shitty drop passes on the PP, or turning the puck over at the blue line. Based on where I live and my father’s allegiances I watch the Bruins a lot as well and they are masters of pissing away 2 goal leads and not getting the puck out at the blue line and have been for 30 years.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
When we inevitably finish 1 point out of a playoff spot, we’ll remember when we had Chicago “on the ropes” with a 2 goal lead, at home, late in the third.

If we were down 3-1 and had battled back only to lose in OT, we’d be exuberant. But this win was in the bag. We just couldn’t finish.

I can guarantee there will be other games we will be able to point to if we find ourselves in that situation. Especially considering any pregame predictions would have had this as a regulation loss in the first place.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
I can guarantee there will be other games we will be able to point to if we find ourselves in that situation. Especially considering any pregame predictions would have had this as a regulation loss in the first place.

I'm in the same boat as you, didn't see the game either. Annoying to blow this one but overall that's a more successful weekend than I would have predicted. And for all the hand wringing about this loss, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned blowing a late lead to a depleted Anaheim team and Ryan ****ing Miller. If they miss the playoffs by a point I'll be more haunted by that one than this game.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
Take a step back, realize they got 3 of 4 points from a back to back with Chicago and Columbus. That’s a good weekend. Teams blow 2 goal leads, it happens and it sucks. This isn’t a Hurricanes only thing. Just like the ****ty drop passes on the PP, or turning the puck over at the blue line. Based on where I live and my father’s allegiances I watch the Bruins a lot as well and they are masters of pissing away 2 goal leads and not getting the puck out at the blue line and have been for 30 years.
Today it feels a bit better, but just after the game it really hurt to lose game like this one, we did everything right, but in the end lost the game. In the end, you can`t always win in sports, even if you are a better team/player at that match.

I will take 3 points out of 4, and hope we can get a win vs Stars.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Considering an alternate account named Jay Sherman and only posting about who stinks

I was thinking a Joel Robinson account could be fun.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Unsustainable

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Today it feels a bit better, but just after the game it really hurt to lose game like this one, we did everything right, but in the end lost the game. In the end, you can`t always win in sports, even if you are a better team/player at that match.

I will take 3 points out of 4, and hope we can get a win vs Stars.

Yeah, same here. And given the way we were feeling about this team a less than a week ago, 3 out of 4 points this weekend is a major plus.

Then again....watching the Blackhawks play like absolute butt against the Devils right now and wondering how we managed 'only' three goals against them. Sigh.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Chicago...looked bad. The Hurricanes had more breakaways in the 2nd period than this entire year against that defense. Multiple odd man rushes.

They look like a team that thought they could dominate with talent alone, but they've been shedding talent and it's finally caught up to them. They got jumped hard by the Hurricanes, and were lucky to get back into it.

So this isn't a "get outplayed, lose 3-2" and we piss and moan about points, this was "go up 3-1, outplay the other team by a lot, lose in OT".

Last edited:

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Chicago...looked bad. The Hurricanes had more breakaways in the 2nd period than this entire year against that defense. Multiple odd man rushes.

They look like a team that thought they could dominate with talent alone, but they've been shedding talent and it's finally caught up to them. They got jumped hard by the Hurricanes, and were lucky to get back into it.

So this isn't a "get outplayed, win lose 3-2" and we piss and moan about points, this was "go up 3-1, outplay the other team by a lot, lose in OT".
Yea, I think people are also misappropriating Chicago this year with the years they won the championship, but the reality is, we actually had the "better" record (>.500) going into the game, so it's not like the Tampa game or anything like that.

We're actually only 2 wins out of the wild card spot...with 2 games in hand on the NYI, so we're not out if we can string together just a few wins. Of course, that makes losing that 1 point against Chicago and Arizona and such a bit more painful (especially if we're bubble out at the end of the year).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad