Pre-Game Talk: Chicago @ Toronto: Bedard comes to Town - October 16th at 7 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I think it’ll be best if Mints goes back down and focuses on his overall game. Love what the kid could be, but after this little sample I’d run with the following:

Knies-Matthews-Nylander
Bertuzzi-Tavares-Marner
Domi-Kampf-Jarnkrok
Gregor-AHLer-Reaves (whoever is most impressive on Marlies by the time Minten gets sent down ie. Holmberg, McMann, etc)

Think we’ll end up doing the following though:

Bertuzzi-Matthews-Marner
Knies-Tavares-Nylander
Domi-Kampf-Jarnkrok
Gregor-AHLer-Reaves

Reactions: Zacman

thinkblue

Oct 6, 2020
The first verse of the song ...

"Crush a bit, little bit
Roll it up, take a hit
Feeling lit, feeling right
Two AM, summer night, I don't care
Hand on the wheel
Driving drunk I'm doing my thang"

... And so on

Surprised nobody on the "marketing team" would've stopped to re-think this as the next go-to goal song and maybe check the lyrics first

Red Wings are using Eminem's "Without me" as their goal song this year.. wonder if they'll get the same complaints.

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
I think it’ll be best if Mints goes back down and focuses on his overall game. Love what the kid could be, but after this little sample I’d run with the following:

Knies-Matthews-Nylander
Bertuzzi-Tavares-Marner
Domi-Kampf-Jarnkrok
Gregor-AHLer-Reaves (whoever is most impressive on Marlies by the time Minten gets sent down ie. Holmberg, McMann, etc)

Think we’ll end up doing the following though:

Bertuzzi-Matthews-Marner
Knies-Tavares-Nylander
Domi-Kampf-Jarnkrok
Gregor-AHLer-Reaves
Kämpf is a 4th liner and should stay there. I agree about sending Minten down though and replace him with Holmberg.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Bedard is playing way higher minutes than Matthews or McDavid played in their rookie seasons.

Caught a short snippet of the intermission where the hockey analyst, I didn't catch her name, was praising Bedard for skating around the zone on the power play in the vicinity of the play. It was surreal. I'm sure he's an impressive talent but we don't need to force the praise.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
I'd like to give Minten his nine games, he looked a lot better yesterday.

That being said going back to the Whl, will help his development a ton. So I'd send him back. I think bringing up Holmberg makes a lot of sense, once Minten goes back.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Bedard is playing way higher minutes than Matthews or McDavid played in their rookie seasons.

Caught a short snippet of the intermission where the hockey analyst, I didn't catch her name, was praising Bedard for skating around the zone on the power play in the vicinity of the play. It was surreal. I'm sure he's an impressive talent but we don't need to force the praise.
It's the nature of the media at this point. Everything has to be at an extreme. This poor kid (poor is clearly not the right word) is going to be subject to some absolutely embarrassing Canadian media takes. Meanwhile, when he goes to US cities no one will blink an eye. It's one of the reasons why people in this city should appreciate guys like Matthews, Marner and Nylander more, because they put up with this nonsense without cursing the lights out at some of these reporters. God knows I would.

Reactions: slozo

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Domi has skill, but he doesnt compliment Tavares or Nylanders style. He should be able to keep up with Marner/Matthews, but wont be anything other than a complimentary piece. It frees up Bertuzzi to be a little more involved.
Imo Domi hesitates when he shouldn't and the opportunity dies and he's forced to make a lower percentage play a lot of times.
It looks to me like he wants to try to do it all by himself and then he thinks no I need to play in the system and then it's too late.
Just my thought

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Are you a pothead, Focker?
1697420464376.png

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Not sure the "Minten needs to go down" sentiment here, Keefe today said his line was the best defensively last night, they're playing smart. That's the biggest thing with young kids, if he's checking the boxes defensively relax, it's amazing. He's also 53 percent on the draws, which is fantastic for a rookie center. They'll have a night offensively soon, but he's doing the little things right.

Last edited:

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Going to the game tomorrow. My Dad got us tickets when Crosby was a rookie and he had the flu or something for the game, and then again got tickets when McDavid was a rookie and he was hurt really hope Bedard doesn’t get the flu or something tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad