SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
To Chicago:
Mark Jankowski

To Pittsburgh:
Lucas Wallmark

A pretty simple "my crap for your crap" swap at 4C. I don't think either has worked out for their current teams.

Wallmark is younger but more expensive with a very unimpressive stat line. Was just waived.

Jankowski is slightly older but cheaper. While not great, still has 3g, 4a in 34GP. I think pace-wise, both are about equal.

Both players showed they can produce in previous seasons with different clubs. Recent reports say that the Penguins are not thrilled with Jankowski and obviously Wallmark was just waived. Would be depth swap for both sides mostly.

Roll the dice?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'd do it but it seems like a trade just to make a trade.

Don't think either sides should feel strongly about this. Both of these guys stink and will likely stink on their new teams too.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
By what possible measure could Wallmark be considered more useful to us than Jankowski?

I mean, I am very, very far from being a fan of Junks, but at least he is a good bet to see the opposition do almost as little as his own line will when he is on the ice. He is meaningful depth/insurance when we are healthy. Wallmark gives us.... what? Insurance that Sully cannot play Junks?

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I'd rather just send walmark off for like a 6th. that's where you can always find a diamond in the rough goalie project to be patient with

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
By what possible measure could Wallmark be considered more useful to us than Jankowski?

I mean, I am very, very far from being a fan of Junks, but at least he is a good bet to see the opposition do almost as little as his own line will when he is on the ice. He is meaningful depth/insurance when we are healthy. Wallmark gives us.... what? Insurance that Sully cannot play Junks?

He may or may not be. I'd rather take the chance on an unknown in hopes that either or turn it around. Perhaps the devil we don't know would be better than the devil we do?

I'm not suggesting that either will move the needle at all for their current or future team. I'd rather take the "maybe" over the "no".

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
He may or may not be. I'd rather take the chance on an unknown in hopes that either or turn it around. Perhaps the devil we don't know would be better than the devil we do?

I'm not suggesting that either will move the needle at all for their current or future team. I'd rather take the "maybe" over the "no".

It has been 14 games since Jankowski was last a minus player. I think two goals in total has been scored on us ES with him on the ice in that period.

Do I like watching him? No. Do I think many of my fellow Pens fans are absolutely nuts? Yes. :D

We have survived being without a very significant number of forwards for quite a while now because we haven't beaten ourselves, and Janks is part of that. Injuries will also happen going forward, and if we have a guy at 700k you can trust to be abysmal offensively but also do a diligent job of defending, not giving away pucks and hardly ever being scored on, that is not nothing.

With Bluger back, Janks should be scratched, more so still when Geno is back also. Then we can agree on hoping we don't have to see him in the starting lineup again.
But trading him for a less useful player (one who also doesn't score and is not good enough defensively to play on our bottom 6 with how they are being utilized) with a higher cap-hit.... that doesn't make any sense to me.

Reactions: Syrinx

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2