GDT: Chicago Blackhawks vs Montreal Canadiens 10/10/17 7:30pm EST RDS (HD), TSN2, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Hopefully Galchneyuk can get on the board tonight to get some much needed confidence. He's been pretty much non existent offensively in the first 3 games. Unfortunately there's also been way too many other guys in the same boat.

Only 3 games in and the complaining about the defense has already started. Not surprised since many saw this coming yet MB felt this D would be at worst on par with last seasons D and maybe even better. It's not looking good early MB but there's a lot of hockey left so we'll see.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Hopefully Galchneyuk can get on the board tonight to get some much needed confidence. He's been pretty much non existent offensively in the first 3 games. Unfortunately there's also been way too many other guys in the same boat.

I know this is unheard of but perhaps playing him with Danault and Shaw is not the best idea?

Pacioretty - Drouin - Gallagher
Hudon - Chucky - Lekhonen

I don't have to wait until the 20 game mark to see that Galchenyuk needs to play with complimentary players.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I know this is unheard of but perhaps playing him with Danault and Shaw is not the best idea?

I don't have to wait until the 20 game mark to see that Galchenyuk needs to play with complimentary players.

I agree 100%. The Habs are really starved for goals and they have one of their most talented goal scorers playing on the 3rd line. The Habs need to play Galchenyuk back at center where he was the most effective offensively for the Habs and just live with any defensive difficulties that might occur.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I agree 100%. The Habs are really starved for goals and they have one of their most talented goal scorers playing on the 3rd line. The Habs need to play Galchenyuk back at center where he was the most effective offensively for the Habs and just live with any defensive difficulties that might occur.
He does need complmentary players but he does get pp time and has still done very little. He still does a lot of dumb things in the offensive zone, regardless of who he plays with. He might actually be worse than pacioretty at passing.

HabsRenegade

This is fine
Nov 8, 2004
Montreal
"Claude Julien clearly explained that he wanted to give his lines a chance to find chemistry at the beggining of the season. It partly explains why there is no line changes".
- Jean-François Tremblay, La Presse

Despite all the negativity, this is so refreshing when looking back at the constant line changes under Therrien. A step in the right direction...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The powerplay set-up really sucks.

Mete-Weber on the point
Galchenyuk on the right side
Pacioretty in the middle of the box
Drouin on the left side.

If they play high on Weber, move the puck down to Galchenyuk for the one-timer. If they choke up on that play as well, they will have spread the box, leaving Pacioretty open for a tip or a shot in the middle of the slot.

Drouin can be the guy setting up the plays from the wall, darting in and out and around to make things happen.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
"Claude Julien clearly explained that he wanted to give his lines a chance to find chemistry at the beggining of the season. It partly explains why there is no line changes".

Despite all the negativity, this is so refreshing when looking back at the constant line changes under Therrien. A step in the right direction...

Couldn't agree more. The current lineup is creating opportunities and will start scoring goals.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland

Yup. Let's split up our only consistent line so far, in order to accommodate Galchenyuk. Brilliant.

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
To be honest Danault and Shaw have been a lot more noticeable than Chucky thus far.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
The powerplay set-up really sucks.

Mete-Weber on the point
Galchenyuk on the right side
Pacioretty in the middle of the box
Drouin on the left side.

If they play high on Weber, move the puck down to Galchenyuk for the one-timer. If they choke up on that play as well, they will have spread the box, leaving Pacioretty open for a tip or a shot in the middle of the slot.

Drouin can be the guy setting up the plays from the wall, darting in and out and around to make things happen.

Couldn't agree more.
We need Galchenyuk's one-timer from the right hash marks, Pacioretty never really had much success in that particular role. His shot has always been about catching goalies off guard on the rush.

The only issue I could maybe see here is Drouin on the left side can't really set up Weber for the one timer. Hopefully Mete can be that guy.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
[tweet]
[tweet]

Personally, I'm fine with those lines for now. If the second line doesn't find the net in the next few games, I would... Here we go again... Put Galchenyuk between Hudon and Lehkonen.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I'm expecting a win tonight, it's going to get ugly if they lose again on the home opener and the next few games won't be easy. They must hope that the Hawks will be tired.

3-2 Habs in SO

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
He does need complmentary players but he does get pp time and has still done very little. He still does a lot of dumb things in the offensive zone, regardless of who he plays with. He might actually be worse than pacioretty at passing.

Have you watched the games? I'm asking because he has been in the middle of the box on the PP rather than on the right wall (where he shines) and has still made some good/quick passes to keep the puck moving.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
The Habs will get their first ROW tonight. Hawks on the road, the second of a back to back after going to OT last night. Also, they've been scoring at a high clip since the start of the season, tonight will be night they average out by probably scoring only one.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Where does this idea of Galchenyuk being a bad playmaker come from. He is still the 2nd best passer on the team. The reason he isnt getting points is because hes played on the 3rd line with offensive blackholes.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
I think they will hang with the Hawks tonight, but ultimately come up short. 4-2 Hawks with an empty netter.

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET

I have no problem with Julien sticking to his line combos, assuming they show some promise. The issue I have is that his line combos don't make a ton of sense and they haven't really worked at all thus far. Therrien had a severe case of line juggling ADD. Julien seems to be at the opposite end of the spectrum. Somewhere in between would be nice. Find some sort of spark and ride it. Sticking with what isn't working is a bad strategy so early in the year, imo. Now is the time to figure it out, wait another month and it could be too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad