Pre-Game Talk: Chicago Blackhawks @ New York Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
That is just not how work visas work.
which is why I said it is 2019 and it should evolve...athletes are known to be traded especially in hockey from US teams to Canadian teams...a different standard should be in place for pro leagues ..the process should be easier or something else developed than having to wait, not being able to work even though you have been playing in the US the entire season lol...

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
which is why I said it is 2019 and it should evolve...athletes are known to be traded especially in hockey from US teams to Canadian teams...a different standard should be in place for pro leagues ..the process should be easier or something else developed than having to wait, not being able to work even though you have been playing in the US the entire season lol...

I agree. There should be some kind of easy process for pro athletes to acquire work visas. Or they should automatically get them as soon as they're a regular pro at the AHL/NHL level. It's goofy to me that someone has to wait 2 weeks to work because the visa process is slow and stupid. Then again... without a shutdown right now, he's probably already here playing, so we have one person to thank.

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
Visa stuff sucks.
Indeed, I was denied an India visa back in the day because they thought I posed a great threat to their security. I had no criminal record whatsoever, thus it was quite strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad