GDT: Chicago Blackhawks @ Nashville Predators - 2:00pm EST / 1:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
First in person game to see Bedard, bottom line is the Hawks are not very talented and teams will be all over this kid. The Hawks can’t just wait for draft picks to hopefully develop (a crap shoot), this kid next year needs an influx of competent talent to play with. And Soderblom is not going to be in this league long if he doesn’t get significantly better. This was a boring game with two lousy teams but if Mrazek was in goal the Hawks come away with a point at worst.
They have to walk the line of getting Bedard help and drafting high enough to continue stockpiling impact talent.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
This team is 15 games into year 2 of a total rebuild. The organization is not even trying to win hence all the plugs they signed in the off season.

We have maybe 2 forwards with skill. One is 18 years old.

Don't get me started on our D.

Our goaltending is worse.

It will be the same next year as well.

I like the 3 guys at CHGO but they were way off base with their predictions this year. They said this team would be around 70 points. What roster were they looking at? If we hit 62 points I'll be blown away.

If you want a .500 hockey club than Stan Bowman is your man. After the Window closed he tried for years to slap band aids on the roster only to miss the playoffs by 7 points. Those days are over.

The team is going to suck for a long time. By design. This team rises from the ashes when Bedard is joined by other young talent and they become stars together. Korchinski, Nazar, Moore, Commesso, Vlasic, Rinzel, Reichel, Allan, 2 players from this years 1st round, 2 players from the next years 1st round and a handful of others. When they develop we will look like the 2008-09 Hawks and hopefully the 2009-10 Hawks. That is a ways away. So sit back with me and watch some GARBAGE hockey because in 5 years it will all be worth it.

Jimmy2Times

Oct 24, 2019
This team is 15 games into year 2 of a total rebuild. The organization is not even trying to win hence all the plugs they signed in the off season.

We have maybe 2 forwards with skill. One is 18 years old.

Don't get me started on our D.

Our goaltending is worse.

It will be the same next year as well.

I like the 3 guys at CHGO but they were way off base with their predictions this year. They said this team would be around 70 points. What roster were they looking at? If we hit 62 points I'll be blown away.

If you want a .500 hockey club than Stan Bowman is your man. After the Window closed he tried for years to slap band aids on the roster only to miss the playoffs by 7 points. Those days are over.

The team is going to suck for a long time. By design. This team rises from the ashes when Bedard is joined by other young talent and they become stars together. Korchinski, Nazar, Moore, Commesso, Vlasic, Rinzel, Reichel, Allan, 2 players from this years 1st round, 2 players from the next years 1st round and a handful of others. When they develop we will look like the 2008-09 Hawks and hopefully the 2009-10 Hawks. That is a ways away. So sit back with me and watch some GARBAGE hockey because in 5 years it will all be worth it.
Thank God we got those 3 cups because being competitive again in 5 years (maybe) for some of us might be too long

ray c

Feb 9, 2010
any player we have that's worth anything will be traded at the deadline,and we'll be the same next year

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
We never have Puck -- cuz the team Is in love with the Bank pass off the walls... guessing the coaches have over coached this concept... because of the lack of skill to complete a pass thru neutral zone-- stick to stick... Coaching staff figures they will never miss the boards.... and safer than an intercepted pass turning into an odd man rush for the opposition.

The Bank pass is basically the Hawks way to exit the zone these days... 50/50 play lately
Very true! When I was teaching the game to my son, Red Wings were top team and when we watched them, I had him count how many consecutive passess they completed. It was often 5 or 6 in a row. When Hawks were on top it was the same thing.

This team is getting a little less to watch fun than when the season started.

Reactions: wladyslaw

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Outside of maybe Perry/Foligno do we have anyone of value on roster?

No one is going to want shit like Murphy or Tinordi or Anthanasou (With his awful contract), etc
When injuries pile up around the deadline, there will be teams calling for players like Murphy, Hall and Johnson. I mean, McCabe (albeit with retention) and Lafferty fetched a 1st and a 2nd last year.

No one is taking AA without retention, though.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Been saying it for a while but tearing it down is the easy part.

Winning the Bedard lottery was obviously awesome but pressure is now through the roof.
Not right now it's not. Pressure will start to increase sometime next year. This season was all about seeing what the Hawks have in Bedard/Vlasic/Korchinski/etc and figure what to do next. IMO, there is no pressure this year.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Not right now it's not. Pressure will start to increase sometime next year. This season was all about seeing what the Hawks have in Bedard/Vlasic/Korchinski/etc and figure what to do next. IMO, there is no pressure this year.
I’m saying pressure is now through the roof on Davidson because he’s got way more eyeballs on the team. No one bats an eye if it’s Carlsson here and 24 goes bad.

Bedard is different. It becomes like failing McDavid. Your pressure goes way up.

I don’t expect them to win this year but the entire process will be under way more scrutiny.

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016

Agreed. I don't believe there is any pressure this year beyond developing the prospects that are here.

The Bedard bump for team revenue has actually lessened any short term pressure on management imo.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
When injuries pile up around the deadline, there will be teams calling for players like Murphy, Hall and Johnson. I mean, McCabe (albeit with retention) and Lafferty fetched a 1st and a 2nd last year.

They aren't going to use their last retention slot on Athanasiou.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Murphy isn't returning anything in a trade, he's garbage.

Reactions: Jimmy2Times

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Agreed. I don't believe there is any pressure this year beyond developing the prospects that are here.

The Bedard bump for team revenue has actually lessened any short term pressure on management imo.
I'm not saying that there is pressure to win this year. There isn't. Meant that winning Bedard in 23 turned up the heat to make sure every prospect every ufa signing and every move is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad