Pre-Game Talk: Chicago at Dallas - 01.24.13 - 7:30 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
So now Leighton is better than Quick, Smith, and Elliott? They lit up 3 of the best goalies in the NHL. The Hawks have scored 14 goals in 3 games against goalies that ended up 1st, 3rd, and 5th in save percentage last year.

I highly doubt any of those guys were at the top of their game. I'm not trying to diminish what they did, they played great, but let's not pretend they could play the same three games in April and get the same results. That's all I'm saying, guarded optimism right now, love the way the team is playing.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Elliott was playing pretty close to the top of his game. It's the team in front of him that was asleep.

MadhouseOnMadison

Man crush on Amonte
Oct 15, 2010
So now Leighton is better than Quick, Smith, and Elliott? They lit up 3 of the best goalies in the NHL. The Hawks have scored 14 goals in 3 games against goalies that ended up 1st, 3rd, and 5th in save percentage last year.

Against us he is. Lehtonen is no slouch as it is but for some reason he always comes up huge when he plays us.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I wouldn't put too much stock into that. That was his first game since the lockout ended and as we all saw, most goalies were definitely not on their game yet (same with defensive trap systems/teams like St. Louis, Phoenix who make average goalies look better). Not saying we can't score 3+ against Kari of course (love our offense against anyone), but when healthy (and usually he isn't) he's a very good goalie.

3 of the best? Not counting Quick of course, but did Price and Lundqvist suddenly start sucking that I'm not aware of?

Did I say the 3 best? No, I said 3 of the best. Last year they were 1, 3, and 5 in save percentage, so as I stated, 3 of the best.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm still afraid of Lehtonen from last year. But these Hawks are red hot. They blew through LA, PHX, and STL...some of the best defensive teams in the league. Looking at Dallas' D i think the Hawks should be fine.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I'm still afraid of Lehtonen from last year. But these Hawks are red hot. They blew through LA, PHX, and STL...some of the best defensive teams in the league. Looking at Dallas' D i think the Hawks should be fine.

Leightonen was mixed against the Hawks last year. He was .974 in the first game against the Hawks but .871 in the second game. The year before he did .946 and followed it up with a .855. So its not like he owns us

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Chicago Blackhawks ‏@NHLBlackhawks
#Blackhawks Fast Stat: Both Kane (23 pts in 19 games) and Toews (18 in 17) have averaged more than a point per game vs. DAL in their career.

:nod:

CapitalistInfidel

Jan 7, 2013
I wouldn't put too much stock into that. That was his first game since the lockout ended and as we all saw, most goalies were definitely not on their game yet (same with defensive trap systems/teams like St. Louis, Phoenix who make average goalies look better). Not saying we can't score 3+ against Kari of course (love our offense against anyone), but when healthy (and usually he isn't) he's a very good goalie.

3 of the best? Not counting Quick of course, but did Price and Lundqvist suddenly start sucking that I'm not aware of?

Actually yes, at least early in the year. Lundqvist's gaa average is 34th in the league at 4.03 and his save % is 32nd in the league at .877.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Read an interested factoid on Twitter. Apparently Quenneville played against Jagr in his NHL debut (10/5/1990).

My first reaction was no ****ing way.... but yeah, that was his final NHL season where he played 9 games, and the next year he played 73 more games in the AHL. Guess I forgot just how long he played.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
Getting *way* ahead of ourselves, but imagine that they win the next two. That's more than 10% of the season already.

STC

Oct 29, 2012
Here are the lines I want to see tonight...

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Bolland-Kane
Shaw-Krueger-Stalberg
Bolig-Mayers-Frolik

Have a seat Bickell you worthless piece of crap.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Here are the lines I want to see tonight...

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Bolland-Kane
Shaw-Krueger-Stalberg
Bolig-Mayers-Frolik

Have a seat Bickell you worthless piece of crap.

Perfect Lines

Hawkey39

Feb 5, 2011
anyone going to tonights game

If so I'd love to meet yall. Or not. Whatever. But I'm pretty sure the aac has good reception.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
nobody wants to make a GDT? I won't do it. I'm perfect this season and since we changed every game, next guy please :D

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Man that would be nice. If I moved to one of the smaller markets I would go to a ton of games for like $15 in the 300 level. That would be the life.

abt424

Apr 4, 2012
Austin
I'll be honest, of the next 3 games, this is the one I they are most likely to drop.

Agreed. I have a strange feeling that this is a letdown game. Not that the Hawks overlook Dallas or think the Stars are a bad team, it's just the first game of the season where there's no extra adrenalin

Kings - Opener and defending champs
Phoenix - Team that ended Hawks' season last year
St. Louis - Rival and home opener

And now Dallas. I guess that's why I expect a little bit less energy from the Hawks tonight. If they end up looking the same as they have the first three games, I think it says a lot about the team's character/attitude this year.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Man that would be nice. If I moved to one of the smaller markets I would go to a ton of games for like $15 in the 300 level. That would be the life.

Move near where the Panthers play. Can become a season ticket holder with free parking, and a free jersey, for like $200.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad