Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Back on the road!

4-2 Chicago. Let's go Hawks :handclap:

Screen_shot_2013_01_24_at_8_49_34_AM.png

MadhouseOnMadison

Man crush on Amonte
Oct 15, 2010
We always have problems with Dallas. Even without Ribeiro, Ott and Benn I could see us dropping this one. Mostly because Lehtonen always stands on his head.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
We always have problems with Dallas. Even without Ribeiro, Ott and Benn I could see us dropping this one. Mostly because Lehtonen always stands on his head.

Yeah, the Hawks have never played well against Dallas. It's a strong team they have there, no reason they shouldn't get in as an 8th seed. Then again, I see Minnesota and Dallas both as strong contenders for the playoffs, which would mean two teams would be out...San Jose maybe, Nashville maybe, Phoenix is a possbility, but between the 5, it will be a hell of a race.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Another big game. Stars have 2 40yos even if its their top 2 scorers Jagr and Whitney. The Hawks need to exploit their age. Hawks and Stars spiit 2-2 last year.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Can't give these guys open space. You have to hope they aren't passive on defense. Finish your checks and don't let guys have room to make plays. Though old, Whitney and Jagr are skilled veterans that can still burn you even though they are over 40+. Eriksson and Ryder are also very good forwards that can finish off plays. If they don't create space and have more puck possession, they will for sure win this game. Dallas' defense is very unimpressive. We are rolling three lines now.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Though it was last year, the most angry I have been after any game was the final game against Dallas. They were winning, 1-0, for the longest time and just pooped the bed.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I like our chances against Dallas this year, they lost Ott, Ribiero, and don't have Benn. All 3 of those guys were pains in the ass.

Sure, Jagr, Roy, and Whitney is better offense, but at least they aren't the physical players those other guys are. We can handle pure talent, but have a tough time handling talent and toughness.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Haven't you made all the post game threads :sarcasm:

Honestly, the Hawks offense has been great, and I don't expect that to stop. Crawford has looked good. I'm expecting a blowout in this one. 5-1 Hawks.

I see what you're saying. I won't make it tonight.

And I think 5 is reasonable, actually, considering how many chances we should get on their defense. It's so beyond average.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I see what you're saying. I won't make it tonight.

And I think 5 is reasonable, actually, considering how many chances we should get on their defense. It's so beyond average.

Ha, I really don't care who creates any of the threads. If you are available and get there first, good for you. Somebody's gotta do it.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Kari gave up 3 goals to an unimpressive Phoenix offense. I think we can definitely manage to at least pull that off if the offense is on their game again. I have a much higher confidence level with this team for some reason, especially compared to the last 2 seasons.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I am, too, but their defense is so unimpressive.

Their defensive group consists of Benn, Daley, Dillon, GoGo, Larsen, Robidas, and Rome.

Oooooooo, I'm so scared!

Agreed that the D is quite weak. The Hawks should win the game. I want to see this offense, playing the way it has, go up against a goalie of his calibre. Obviously they did great against Quick, not sure he was 100% on his game and ready, but yeah, should be a great game.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Agreed that the D is quite weak. The Hawks should win the game. I want to see this offense, playing the way it has, go up against a goalie of his calibre. Obviously they did great against Quick, not sure he was 100% on his game and ready, but yeah, should be a great game.

So now Leighton is better than Quick, Smith, and Elliott? They lit up 3 of the best goalies in the NHL. The Hawks have scored 14 goals in 3 games against goalies that ended up 1st, 3rd, and 5th in save percentage last year.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Kari gave up 3 goals to an unimpressive Phoenix offense. I think we can definitely manage to at least pull that off if the offense is on their game again.

I wouldn't put too much stock into that. That was his first game since the lockout ended and as we all saw, most goalies were definitely not on their game yet (same with defensive trap systems/teams like St. Louis, Phoenix who make average goalies look better). Not saying we can't score 3+ against Kari of course (love our offense against anyone), but when healthy (and usually he isn't) he's a very good goalie.

So now Leighton is better than Quick, Smith, and Elliott? They lit up 3 of the best goalies in the NHL.

3 of the best? Not counting Quick of course, but did Price and Lundqvist suddenly start sucking that I'm not aware of?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad