Recalled/Assigned: Chibisov

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I was high on him during the preseason (shiny new toy syndrome) , but how was he on the Moose?
Winnipeg Jets recall Andrei Chibisov from the Manitoba Moose | Illegal Curve Hockey

He's been really good overall. Great forechecker, good speed and size, and a surpassingly strong playmaker with a scoring touch. Had some real nice chemistry with Harkins and maybe they see some time together now. His English wasn't great to star, according to Vincent, but seems to have improved and he's a very hard worker (again, as per Vincent), shift in shift out.

Last edited:

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Watched him live with the Moose 4x. Liked him in every game and felt he would be the next call up many times. Finally, we get to see what he looks like against the best.

But keep expectations low, I feel his upside is an effective NHL 4th liner and he’s, what, 26-27 years old already?

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Chibisov in Bourque out , without a blink of a eye , done . :nod:

I like a lot of aspects of Bourque's game, positioning and finishing checks. But Chibisov has hands, to go with the size. He could give a boost to the 4th line. I agree with that move, if it happens. Shaw is playing with more confidence, I like his game too, but I wonder what Shore would look like at centre with Chibisov and Spacek on his wings, for instance. The Jets need to know what they have in some of their prospects this year, before they can make a decision on them for next year. Or consider moving them laterally, in search of other pieces.

Reactions: Jets 31

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad