Seravalli: Chiarot being scratched until traded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
To Toronto for a 1st please, I want to see the meltdown after listening to Leafs fans for weeks saying confirming they won't even give a 2nd for Chiarot.

There is a difference between what the fans will give and what will actually be given up by the team. Yes, I would be upset with Dubie if he gives up a 1st for Chiarot. It’s not what we need at all. IMO, Habs fans have been overrating Chiarot based on 1 playoff run. Nevertheless, he is not worth that to Toronto.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
There is a difference between what the fans will give and what will actually be given up by the team. Yes, I would be upset with Dubie if he gives up a 1st for Chiarot. It’s not what we need at all. IMO, Habs fans have been overrating Chiarot based on 1 playoff run. Nevertheless, he is not worth that to Toronto.

*2 playoff runs. Be was really good the year before as well

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
No addition will matter to the leafs if they continue to get the goaltending they have been for several months. If the habs took mrazek and threw in Allen maybe I’d be interested in Chiarot.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

This guy has played 56 games in the playoffs over the last 4 years, he tends to step his game up in the post-season.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
Leafs will not be paying a 1st for Chiarot.

Dubas has already stated previously that he will not move a 1st for a rental player. Only for a player with term.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Someone will pay a 1st for Chiarot. Maybe not the Leafs or the Canes, but somebody. Would not be surprised if it's St. Louis, who genuinely need one more LHed top-4 D. He's a player that becomes far more effective when the pace slows in the postseason. See the last playoffs as the prime example.

Reactions: CapSpace

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
IMO Chiarot is a better pick up than Foligno was last year. And what did Foligno cost?
Chiarot on the leafs would move other guys down the lineup. Muzzin comes back and the Leaf's have a solid D.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
IMO Chiarot is a better pick up than Foligno was last year. And what did Foligno cost?
Chiarot on the leafs would move other guys down the lineup. Muzzin comes back and the Leaf's have a solid D.
Foligno was garbage and Leafs paid a first. Now Chiarot is exactly what they need and they don't want to pay a 1st for him. No wonder they couldn't go though the 1st round for a long time. For me, I don't want to see Chiarot in Toronto. I would prefer he goes somewhere else even if we get a lesser deal.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
To Toronto for a 1st please, I want to see the meltdown after listening to Leafs fans for weeks saying confirming they won't even give a 2nd for Chiarot.

To be fair to all Leafs fans, I don't think they all have the same opinion. But to most of them saying Chiarot is not even worth a 2nd, they would deserve to eat crow for sure! Somehow those fans hide in the shadows and get away with it. Same with some Flames fans that said Toffoli is not worth a 1st. I'm sure those pests are content today.

Chiarot is exactly what the Leafs need. We said that with Pleky when he was mid 30's and he was probably the last deadline move the Leafs made that actually gave them playoff value. Habs fans are not trying to trade a trash player here. He's going to help out a contender no doubt.

I actually hope the Panthers trade for Chiarot and the Leafs face Chiarot again in the playoffs. I don't hate the Leafs but they way some of their fans are acting, they would deserve it

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Foligno was garbage and Leafs paid a first. Now Chiarot is exactly what they need and they don't want to pay a 1st for him. No wonder they couldn't go though the 1st round for a long time. For me, I don't want to see Chiarot in Toronto. I would prefer he goes somewhere else even if we get a lesser deal.
The leafs fans have no say in the matter and if their GM wants to pay a 1st plus for Chiarot then they will instantly change their tune and say it was a steal.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The leafs fans have no say in the matter and if their GM wants to pay a 1st plus for Chiarot then they will instantly change their tune and say it was a steal.

Evidence of that is the Toffoli trade talk. Many Flames fans saying he's not worth a 1st and after the trade, they become happy about it. Not saying the Leafs should trade their 1st for Chiarot but he is indeed worth more than just a 2nd rounder and he is a team need for the Leafs no doubt. Big boy that skates well where he can keep up with the pace of play and 50% of his cap hit is easy to fit in.

I see this top 4 as very very good (if the Leafs and Habs can agree on a trade).
Rielly / Brodie
Muzzin / Chiarot

Last trade we made at the deadline was Pleky. Probably the last deadline move the Leafs made that gave them actual value on the ice in the playoffs. Chiarot is trending much better than Pleky was (mid 30's factor) and I have no doubt Chiarot would help the Leafs a lot. Muzzin/Chiarot pairing would be scary and one darn good shutdown pairing IMO.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I need somebody to explain all the interest

FN5eqBrX0Awsnz5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad