Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VGK] Marc-Andre Fleury to Chicago for Mikael Hakkarainen

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Chief from barstool sports reported this the other day and some people were calling him and barstool reporting untrustworthy.

Glad to see it's now been officially released by both fluery and chicago.

I still think dehaan and strome get moved to clear some cap space and finish resigning the few rfa

Chief is a clown but he obviously has some sort of source in the organization at this point.

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
Good for MAF, after all it might be good for him to retire as not been part of classless organization in Vegas

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
Chief from barstool sports reported this the other day and some people were calling him and barstool reporting untrustworthy.

Glad to see it's now been officially released by both fluery and chicago.

I still think dehaan and strome get moved to clear some cap space and finish resigning the few rfa
Barstool is legit. Haters just refuse to accept it

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018

I agree , some people are just miserable inside and that's all they know how to do is complain and hate.

Chief I've chatted with and see his posts on the message boards he is extremely knowledgeable and is very level headed in the hockey world.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Chief is a clown but he obviously has some sort of source in the organization at this point.

Yeah he obviously has sources , but he very knowledgeable regarding hockey and he isn't one to sugar coat things.

NotPetya

May 28, 2021
Good for MAF, after all it might be good for him to retire as not been part of classless organization in Vegas

Wow, can I borrow your kerchief so I can cry a tear, too?

Fleury had the trade list - shit….SUBMITTED it - and knew based on previous talks with the Knights front office that becoming a Chicago Blackhawk was a real possibility.

The Vezina award is great - don’t get me wrong - but if a guy is up there in years and makes the mental errors Fleury did at the point at which they occurred, a team will look at his years and his salary, assess positional strength within the organization, and unless the team is nowhere near a Cup and therefore open to keeping a guy so he can retire there - finally make the move beneficial to the team based upon contract clauses and previous conversations with other GMs and that player.

Fleury wanted a deal which left open the possibility of a trade to the Hawks. The Golden Knights want a Cup, and brain farts between the pipes aren’t compatible to those goals.

I would have preferred he didn’t get the memo from Twitter, but so did 95% of the Seattle Kraken inaugural roster.

Lehner is 6 years younger, won 2 Jennings awards and across career, has a BETTER save average.

The Golden Knights want a Cup. Fleury’s not looking as compatible with it as Lehner. If there were a Colorado for him to be Bourque’d to, it would be nice, but Tampa’s got their guy and the world keeps turning.

Last edited:
Reactions: SenzZen

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
Wow, can I borrow your kerchief so I can cry a tear, too?

Fleury had the trade list - shit….SUBMITTED it - and knew based on previous talks with the Knights front office that becoming a Chicago Blackhawk was a real possibility.

The Vezina award is great - don’t get me wrong - but if a guy is up there in years and makes the mental errors Fleury did at the point at which they occurred, a team will look at his years and his salary, assess positional strength within the organization, and unless the team is nowhere near a Cup and therefore open to keeping a guy so he can retire there - finally make the move beneficial to the team based upon contract clauses and previous conversations with other GMs and that player.

Fleury wanted a deal which left open the possibility of a trade to the Hawks. The Golden Knights want a Cup, and brain farts between the pipes aren’t compatible to those goals.

I would have preferred he didn’t get the memo from Twitter, but so did 95% of the Seattle Kraken inaugural roster.

Lehner is 6 years younger, won 2 Jennings awards and across career, has a BETTER save average.

The Golden Knights want a Cup. Fleury’s not looking as compatible with it as Lehner. If there were a Colorado for him to be Bourque’d to, it would be nice, but Tampa’s got their guy and the world keeps turning.

Nah, you don't need a kerchief you need to take your pink glasses so you could clearly see reality.

So Vegas wants to win cup with Lehner between pipes, eh? That's why they threw him (causally) to be "raped" by Colorado in first game of series? First game back, 7-1 had to be their for the whole game, take it like a man. No goalie substitution for you our buddy. Lehner had suffered or still is suffering with mental issues. Class act, that's how you treat a person and a future #1 goalie in Vegas

For sure MAF had brain-farts. In the rounds Vegas wouldn't be if not for him (I just described what happened to them when Lehner was between pipes). You better tell him he will retire a knight and then trade him so you could win the cup with younger, better goalie. MAF is 4-th overall in post season wins, with few cups and 66 more games won.....

MAF just joined, Schmidt, Stastny, Chipachov (I hope this is his name) and many prospects who were treated like dirt. No wonder the "cinderella" been around for such a short period of time had accumulated so much negative vibe around their organization

P.S Don't bother answering, I could take an educated guess what would the answer be. Have a nice day, sir

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

People are mad they have made a huge name for themselves strictly by hard work.

They made the genius move to appeal to the 18-40 demographic (not many news/media orgs around that do so) and its paid off immensely. Portnoy started out selling newspapers after Pats games IIRC, which just goes to show you what happens you hustle and put in the time and effort to make something work.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I'll concede he has sources. But to say he is very knowledgeable about hockey? He has a lot of bad takes. This is what he proposed trading to Columbus for Jones:

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. just because you personally didn't like his trade package doesn't make you a expert. People all the time throw out trade scenarios and that doesn't make them experts either simply putting ideas out there to generate a conversation, some are beyond ridiculous others are fair .

But this really isn't about his trade package , chief writes for barstool and has knowledge and contacts within the nhl he broke the story and instead of giving the guy credit you had to create some reason to bash him?

I think you really need to get a grip on life and stop looking for reasons to argue amd hate but to merely except something at face value.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. just because you personally didn't like his trade package doesn't make you a expert. People all the time throw out trade scenarios and that doesn't make them experts either simply putting ideas out there to generate a conversation, some are beyond ridiculous others are fair .

But this really isn't about his trade package , chief writes for barstool and has knowledge and contacts within the nhl he broke the story and instead of giving the guy credit you had to create some reason to bash him?

I think you really need to get a grip on life and stop looking for reasons to argue amd hate but to merely except something at face value.

I'm not hating or bashing and I think it's a bit hyperbolic to tell me to get a grip on life. We're on a message board, people come here to argue.

As for Chief, I just don't think he's good at hockey analysis. Being an insider, a reporter and a hockey analyst are all different skills. Eddie O is a fantastic analyst but he's not a reporter. The insiders like Friedman are great at reporting breaking news, but I've never seen him write a good long-form piece like Russo.

The other reason chief isn't a reporter or analyst is because he's a fan. He's emotionally invested in the team. There is nothing wrong with being a fan blogger and podcaster and clearly he entertains folks but he is not neutral on the team. He's like Steve Dangle. He never claims to be a reporter or hockey analyst but lots of people find what he does entertaining and he has a platform. It's just a different job.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I'm not hating or bashing and I think it's a bit hyperbolic to tell me to get a grip on life. We're on a message board, people come here to argue.

As for Chief, I just don't think he's good at hockey analysis. Being an insider, a reporter and a hockey analyst are all different skills. Eddie O is a fantastic analyst but he's not a reporter. The insiders like Friedman are great at reporting breaking news, but I've never seen him write a good long-form piece like Russo.

The other reason chief isn't a reporter or analyst is because he's a fan. He's emotionally invested in the team. There is nothing wrong with being a fan blogger and podcaster and clearly he entertains folks but he is not neutral on the team. He's like Steve Dangle. He never claims to be a reporter or hockey analyst but lots of people find what he does entertaining and he has a platform. It's just a different job.

Not every post requires a argument. This whole notion it's a message board so we should look to fight and argue at every post ?

Everyone has a favorite team. He isn't parading around on some corporate media outlet that has a agenda .

The best announcers, reporters amd analysis are those who speak openly and honestly, when your censored from telling the fans the blunt truth your justna corporate schill.

As much as I like Eddie he is also towing the corporate media narrative.

However the entire point here is he broke a news worthy story, while others were writing parody and instead of giving him some credit your first reaction was to nag. Then you blamed it on his trade suggestions. Please your in no position to access anyone.

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
That settles it, Penguins are always my team but I'm gonna root for Blackhawks too this year. I love what they did this offseason, just put all your chips in the middle and LET'S GO.

NotPetya

May 28, 2021
Nah, you don't need a kerchief you need to take your pink glasses so you could clearly see reality.

So Vegas wants to win cup with Lehner between pipes, eh? That's why they threw him (causally) to be "raped" by Colorado in first game of series? First game back, 7-1 had to be their for the whole game, take it like a man. No goalie substitution for you our buddy. Lehner had suffered or still is suffering with mental issues. Class act, that's how you treat a person and a future #1 goalie in Vegas

For sure MAF had brain-farts. In the rounds Vegas wouldn't be if not for him (I just described what happened to them when Lehner was between pipes). You better tell him he will retire a knight and then trade him so you could win the cup with younger, better goalie. MAF is 4-th overall in post season wins, with few cups and 66 more games won.....

MAF just joined, Schmidt, Stastny, Chipachov (I hope this is his name) and many prospects who were treated like dirt. No wonder the "cinderella" been around for such a short period of time had accumulated so much negative vibe around their organization

P.S Don't bother answering, I could take an educated guess what would the answer be. Have a nice day, sir

The butthurt is strong with this guy!

I expected a game 1 loss to the Avs - 48 hours between games, going from low desert to high. They’d have needed Russian Olympic doctors to play game 1 full bore, Fleury included.

I’d say Lehner - with his better SV% over career - is motivated to succeed and is capable; both to a level beyond where you do.

Against the Habs, the Knights were steadier with Lehner once Fleury misplayed Montréal.

“Classless” would have been buying him out. They respected his list and and made moves conducive to the cap and the Cup. Like countless players north of their early 30’s with big cap hits, the team chose to move on.

Also, I don’t wear pink.

Be sure to post good pics of your Bill Guerin voodoo doll; bet you’re seething about those Suter/Parise buyouts if McCrimmon’s got your blood up like this. Have a nice week!!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad