Confirmed Trade: [CHI/FLA] Vinnie Hinostroza for Brad Morrison

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Really happy about this deal. Hawks get a kid who is fantastic at transitioning the puck up ice and who is a righty; the only right shot forwards we have right now are Cat and Dach (Dach being much more of a playmaker ala Getzlaf). Hino doesn't have an amazing shot, but it gives us a bit more of something we've lacked a lot of this year.

Florida only does this to help Vinny out, but that's okay. That's what good orgs do, if they sign a UFA and he doesn't work out, then you try to send him to a place he can have more success. Players don't want to sign for a team that'll just keep them as 13th forwards all year long, especially when said forward is in what should be his prime.

Springfield Isotopes

Dec 9, 2018
Montour isn't really someone I think of when I think of a shutdown guy. He does an admirable job on that Sabres team, but I think Forsling can/has played at the same level. We need an upgrade to play with Weegar. I'd like either Manson or Savard, although Manson has had the better season. Savard is attractive though because we don't have to give Seattle anything to not touch him.
Shutdown Murray or Kuleeekov

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
When hearing term of poor hockey IQ I think of Vinnie. Sure he has some speed & a decent shot, but he’s as predictable as they come, keeps making same mistake over and over.

This may be his last shot in the NHL.

Reactions: Laus723

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Florida only does this to help Vinny out, but that's okay. That's what good orgs do, if they sign a UFA and he doesn't work out, then you try to send him to a place he can have more success. Players don't want to sign for a team that'll just keep them as 13th forwards all year long, especially when said forward is in what should be his prime.
I would also think that Q liked having Vinny around, since they didn't try to risk waiving him to the taxi squad at any point. It got to the point where Vinny hadn't played in so long, that in one GDT we went "oh shit, I actually forgot he's still on the team" lol.

As you said, eventually you have to admit it's not working out for both parties and move on.

Reactions: harv33173

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad