Contract Termination: [CHI] F Corey Perry contract terminated by the Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
It could be a million things but what it couldn’t be is the rumor. You can’t terminate contracts over that. Absurd.

You can, I believe some contracts have morality clauses. I’ve never seen a standard contract but what from some of the insiders are saying. Those are a thing. Probably something new from the newest CBA.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
If the Blackhawks were smart they would have just told the truth, cause now all you've done is let a dumb middle school rumour spread like wildfire when this could have been squashed within 30 minutes. absolute dummies I swear.

Reactions: ObjectiveBattle

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
If the Blackhawks were smart they would have just told the truth, cause now all you've done is let a dumb middle school rumour spread like wildfire when this could have been squashed within 30 minutes. absolute dummies I swear.

Something something lawyers and lawsuits for even hinting at something truthful so they couldn't, etc.

(Also yes, would've been far better for everyone if they were just honest and open from the start)

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Unless it happened at the workplace.
1701353740584.gif

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Even on regular waivers, the claiming team takes on the whole remaining part of the contract and its full cap hit.
Ok I wonder where I got the idea that a player going through waivers was only half the cap hit and the waiving team had to eat 50%

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I doubt it. OJ Simpson is still honored by the Buffalo Bills, on their ring of honor/wall of fame.
How this kind of thing gets handled will vary from club to club. It's also easier to simply not honour a problematic player than to remove honours already given.

The Blue Jays, on the other had, did remove Roberto Alomar from their Level of Excellence and removed the banner for his retired #12. It also appears they may have unretired the number as they no longer list it as a retired number on the web site.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
"Heeeey, CONNOR! WITH TWO Ns! Or is it one, WHO CARES! YOU'LL NEVER WIN AS MUCH AS I HAVE IN MYCAREER! NEVER!! ESPECIALLY NOT WITH THIS TEAM!" *tries to punch him, misses wildly, hits someone else* "WHOOPS, MY BAD!"

Not saying that's how things went down but I can picture it.

Last edited:

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
You can, I believe some contracts have morality clauses. I’ve never seen a standard contract but what from some of the insiders are saying. Those are a thing. Probably something new from the newest CBA.
Anything that represents the organization in a bad light can be grounds for contract termination. If this was a team event where he got shit faced and caused issues, as a representative of the team and organization, it can absolutely be grounds for termination as you've noted.

Reactions: francis246

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I suppose Emily Kaplan is lying too.
Isn’t she simply repeating what was leaked to her though?
Right now the Hawks control the message. Perry will likely have his in civil court. And if it’s consensual sex (if it was not then this is a police matter) the Hawks will be in for a big hit.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Yes they're lying and the person that made up the very believable meme report is the truth teller.

Reactions: TLEH

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

The NHL Standard Player Contract contains a list of things that the player promises to do, including:

(e) to conduct himself on and off the rink according to the highest standards of honesty, morality, fair play and sportsmanship, and to refrain from conduct detrimental to the best interest of the Club, the League or professional hockey generally.

This is from the 2013 CBA and from a quick look through the 2020 MOU, it appears to have not changed.

Reactions: francis246
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad