Contract Termination: [CHI] F Corey Perry contract terminated by the Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
How is it starting to look like that’s accurate…… it could be a million different things. Pretty sure that’s not something you could terminate a contract over…..
Exactly. The statement says he did something that violated his SPC. If SPCs these days actually spell out “don’t bang your teammates mom” then the lawyers have truly thought of everything.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I'm not gonna repeat the rumours going around, but if they're accurate (and it's starting to look like they are), this is actually hilarious.
They literally started out as a joke on Twitter. They're so outlandish that they just might actually be true

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
christian-cage-aew.gif

There's definitely a team that's perfect for Corey Perry. Just not a hockey one.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
It could be a million things but what it couldn’t be is the rumor. You can’t terminate contracts over that. Absurd.

It depends...teams have stupid misconduct clauses that can be broadly interpreted...Peters ultimately had to be payed out his contract because the incident occurred so many years prior his lawyers cited it was beyond the scope listed in the contract

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Is this substance abuse related? The only thing I can think of that teams have been allowed to terminate contracts over (see Jarret Stoll).

Surely it's not the rumored rumor of rumors?
Don’t think so, otherwise their tweet would have been more sympathetic. They clearly used the language “violation” and “unacceptable”

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
rf

Pretty sure it happens more than we imagine, teams and their families get close so if things are not going well at home its inevitable you might be turning to someone you know well
IIRC the rumor was that Oates was dating the (appropriately aged) daughter of a coach/management staffer and the team didn't like it. Nothing too salacious, but enough pooping where you eat that the team didn't like it

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I'm not saying it's not BS, but this organization doesn't really have the best track record on being open and disclosing secrets doesn't it?
It's different management than 2010. I'm sure Kyle Davidson doesn't want to get shitcanned for the same reason as his predecessor.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Twitter makes ridiculous rumour up: It's BS it's just idiots on twitter and can't be believed because it's on twitter

Randoms on twitter say it's ridiculous: They confirmed it, it's not true they said so on twitter

Looove me some round and round type stuff
Brother surely you can differentiate between news reporters and random people on twitter right. You have a brain capable of that right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad