Waived: [CHI] F Boris Katchouk waived by the Blackhawks (cleared)

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Should be a good add for Rockford. Glad they made the right move keeping Anderson up.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Flyers should claim him and see if he still has chemistry with Morgan Frost.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Absolute insanity that Reese Johnson is playing in the National Hockey League over this guy.

Johnson not being NHL caliber player has nothing to do with Katchouk not being NHL caliber player.

Both need to go.

Fine with moving on from Katchouk at this point. Showing up once every 8 games is far from impressive

He has had more than enough chances to show what he can do and the guy just disappoints.

Reactions: Laus723

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Johnson not being NHL caliber player has nothing to do with Katchouk not being NHL caliber player.

Both need to go.

Fine with moving on from Katchouk at this point. Showing up once every 8 games is far from impressive

He has had more than enough chances to show what he can do and the guy just disappoints.
I mean if the choice is one or the other.. which is normally is on NHL rosters, then Reese should be the one getting waived.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Was never given a chance at top 6 minutes when a guy like Raddysh was gifted it since they both got here. Not saying he would've been good, but it's odd considering both have similar AHL production.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Haven't watched him much at Chicago but he seemed like a decent enough 4th liner and is cheap. Getting waived by this Blackhawks team is pretty embarrassing though.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Absolute insanity that Reese Johnson is playing in the National Hockey League over this guy.
If Katchouk would throw a check more than once every few games, he'd make a much better case but he seems like he wants to be a skilled player a lot.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Im a little confused.

This team sucks. Its intended to suck. Even if you think Katchouk wont amount to much, its not like we need to optimize the roster. Just let him play here.

This move doesnt even seem worth the time it took to fill out the paperwork

Reactions: Laus723

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
He should get claimed which means he probably won't. He's invisible most of the time and a genuinely dumb hockey player but when he's on he's a legit power forward with snarl. Guy sees the pink mist from time to time but that's almost a good thing for a fourth liner. Heavy shot, decent hands. His play has warranted more time not less.

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
Reese Johnson usually hits and occasionally fights he hasn't been good this year but last two games has been good. I'd waive tyler Johnson, raddysh before him they've been awful all year. Get someone willing to mix it up and stand up for guys. Foligno is really the only character guy up besides tinordi who is hurt. Being bad and soft is hard to watch.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Interesting, the manager who drafted him, just had to call 3 players up today. Would Detroit claim him? They still have several contracts to use.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I'd see the Habs claim him while we have injuries then waive him again when we get healthy unless he sticks.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
More reason why the Hawks got fleeced in the Hagel trade
Taylor Raddysh $750,000 pending RFA
Boris Katchouk $750,000 pending RFA
OLIVER MOORE
2024 1ST

for

Brandon Hagel $1,500,000 soon to be $6,500,000
Kenny Connors

Sure the trade looks like a knockout for TB right now…how about when an already cashstraped Lightning team has to pay $5 million more…and we’ll see what that other 1st brings the Hawks

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Interesting. Katchouk is one of those guys who hasn't quite seemed to embrace that 4th line banger role consistently enough to be super appealing there. But he's cheap and when he plays with a bit of hunger, he can be a plenty effective 4th line grinder.

I doubt he's claimed. But it seems like both Detroit (with that connection) and Pittsburgh (Dubas - Soo connection) are in the market to tinker or add a stopgap. Due to injuries, staleness, whatever it may be. I could see either putting in a claim, since he's a minimum dollar gamble with minimum "downside" and a tiny little dash of potential upside if he develops some more consistency on a better team.

I'd rather have Katchouk than Poolparty pretty easily. Especially since one guy is in game shape and the other guy has just been sitting around recovering from more hip repairs and already had absolutely zero agility in his skating to begin with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad