Post-Game Talk: Chef cooking in OT Jets win 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Numbers and eye-test beautifully aligned. Do we finally have a 4th line? D pairs are interesting, more subdued game. JMo and DD crushing it; Dillon and Pionk still meh, Heinola + Schmidt seems like a happy pairing. You play less D when you mostly have the puck, and therefore must clear fewer creases (see: AZ tying-up goal and one Dillon, B).

FO5qdSMVkAIkUsA
Ehlers had 17/23 shot attempts of the forwards on his line lol

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Ehlers had 17/23 shot attempts of the forwards on his line lol

Gaming the corsi. Slik Nik.

He had a weird game. Almost hyperactive. I like Stats with 55 but 27 is more effective and efficient with 80/81, IMO. Wondering if Svetch or even Sanford might be a useful crash-and-banger and retriever on that 55/27 line.

Reactions: Orrrules

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Gaming the corsi. Slik Nik.

He had a weird game. Almost hyperactive. I like Stats with 55 but 27 is more effective and efficient with 80/81, IMO. Wondering if Svetch or even Sanford might be a useful crash-and-banger and retriever on that 55/27 line.
Lot of open ice for Ehlers last night - he's in his glory playing that type of team.

I'd rather he play with Scheif - don't need another shooter on the PLD line and they are fine at gaining the zone.
Scheif needs a zone entry puck carrier - Ehlers is that and more.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
OT: Will Smith went up on the stage and punched Chris Rock in the face during the live Oscars broadcast for making a joke about his wife. Craziest thing I have ever seen.
So what you are saying is that you turned away from the hockey game for the oscars for a second, and a hockey game broke out at the oscars. so you turned back to the hockey game.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

It all worked out, but everyone cheats in OT. The Coyote player #98 broke away from Wheeler and headed to the Jets net because he thought he was going to get the pass, which never came. Chef broke towards the Coyote net also hoping the puck would pop out to him

At 0:07 in the video , we had a scrum on the boards , and depending upon which way the puck popped out, someone was getting a breakaway. That's OT.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I thought Connor had a pretty bad game last night. Maybe not super surprising given that he had played on average over 23 minutes per game over 6 games in 10 days before this game.

Reactions: hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Lot of open ice for Ehlers last night - he's in his glory playing that type of team.

I'd rather he play with Scheif - don't need another shooter on the PLD line and they are fine at gaining the zone.
Scheif needs a zone entry puck carrier - Ehlers is that and more.

Yup, I found it was Mark and Paul who were passing up too many shots on that line last night. Mark has a great shot and when in position he needs to use it. Paul was just trying to force passes that weren't there. He does so much else for that line though so hard to be too critical.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I am not surprised Ville worked well with Schmidt. We saw how JoMo worked with him earlier in the year and Ville has a lot of similar elements and strengths in his game. He might actually be the ideal partner in a more sheltered role.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
View attachment 522862

^it's interesting that Perfetti and Toninato have as high p/60 without any secondary assists...

Perfetti is having a great rookie year. He's just hasn't gotten lucky with the secondary assists. Great news is he is showing he can create high offensive chances with his vision and playmaking while also being good both ways without the puck. We have a lot to look forward to with him.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Perfetti is having a great rookie year. He's just hasn't gotten lucky with the secondary assists. Great news is he is showing he can create high offensive chances with his vision and playmaking while also being good both ways without the puck. We have a lot to look forward to with him.

Yep. I was so excited to see him starting to get his feet underneath him in the show -- and then that pointless, predatory hit on a nothing play, and he's now lost half a year of development and time he might have been contributing while learning at his usual insane pace.

I just hate crap like that, whether it's a Jets player or not.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yep. I was so excited to see him starting to get his feet underneath him in the show -- and then that pointless, predatory hit on a nothing play, and he's now lost half a year of development and time he might have been contributing while learning at his usual insane pace.

I just hate crap like that, whether it's a Jets player or not.

Hopefully he's back soon. Dumb hit but he's going to have to learn to absorb them better going forward. He likely is back by now had he not tweaked something in rehab. Hopefully he starts skating this week. That would put him same time table as Wheeler and Ehlers.

Jetland162702

Pup-peroni Junkie
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Canadian Women World Curling Bronze, Very Nice!!!
Canada going to Qatar, Excellent!!!
Scheif beats Karla Homolka in OT, Priceless!!!

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Feeling very conflicted about "guy who yells out 'free' during national anthem" also yelled out "we love you Ville" as he came down the side wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad