Cheechoo and Setoguchi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavelskrilla

May 16, 2016
What do you guys think about the Sharks resigning these former fan favorites? I feel like adding them would add much depth and strength on the wings, and they would complement our great center depth.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Not a bad idea but IMO Setoguchi would add a lot more on D. If Polak doesn't re-sign this off-season I would definitely looking into signing Seto and letting he and Dylan DeMelo battle it out for 3rd pair RHD.

Cheechoo, I completely agree with.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
What do you guys think about the Sharks resigning these former fan favorites? I feel like adding them would add much depth and strength on the wings, and they would complement our great center depth.

Agreed. The Barracudas would really benefit from these two.

USF Shark

Zôion politikòn
Aug 19, 2005
DC Area
63742693.jpg

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Wasn't there a thread a while back about Setoguchi on D? I wasn't here when it was made but I've seen it mentioned quite a few times, unless I'm getting it confused with something else. (and no, I'm not referencing the recent Radulov on D meme)

In all seriousness, bringing Setoguchi or Cheechoo back is a poor idea. Sure, 31 goal Setoguchi and 56 goal Cheechoo would be awesome, but, those players are things of the past. Injuries on both their parts as well as a questionable work ethic and other heavily speculated issues that I will not mention on Setoguchi's behalf (PM me if curious) have drove these guys out of the NHL. Setoguchi's PPG is 5th on his team right now behind 4 guys neither of us have probably ever heard of that have never played in the NHL. Cheechoo is 2nd on his KHL team in points but his points per game is lower than that of Ryan Vesce who we all remember. In fact, his PPG is also lower than teammate Nick Bailen, a Belarussian defenseman I've never heard of.

They're both done. But who caught Seto at game 3 against LA? Might have been game 4, but they showed him on the big screen, he was in the audience watching. Was cool to see, but he seemed uncomfortable when they put him up there.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Cheechoo might not be a bad idea. Dude really had chemistry with Jumbo Joe.

Obviously it had worn off or they wouldn't have traded him, lol.

Plus, who would you take off Thornton's line? Would you take off Pavelski to put Cheechoo on the RW, where Pavelski has been a top-5 goal scorer 3 straight years or would you take off Hertl, the 2nd best possession player on the team to put Cheechoo on his off wing?

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
If I were Cheech, I'd stay in Europe as long as I can because I'd be heading home for the rest of my life afterwards. Once in a lifetime opportunity he's got there.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
This is a joke, right?

Cheech is too broken/degraded for NHL or AHL hockey anymore, and Seto couldn't hold a job with bad Calgary or Winnipeg teams, what makes anyone think he could stick on an actual playoff team?

I'm all for nostalgia, but don't let the teal glasses blind you to the reality of the situation.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
LOL @ everyone toastin in a roll bread

I think I'd rather see Hedican out there over those 2

Pavelskrilla

May 16, 2016
Dude, Thornton knows how to get the puck to Cheechoo... and I bet he could still do it, but only if Doug gives him another chance, and then Cheechoo works his butt off and takes advantage of the opportunity. Same for Gucci. Nothing to lose, just invite them to camp and I bet you they will be eager to prove themselves.

Marleau-Thornton-Cheechoo
Hertl-Pavelski-Setoguchi
Nieto-Couture-Donskoi
Karlsson-Spaling-Ward
Vlasic-Brain
Martin-Burns
Dillon-Polak
Jones
Tell me how this isn't a formidable line up?

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Dude, Thornton knows how to get the puck to Cheechoo... and I bet he could still do it, but only if Doug gives him another chance, and then Cheechoo works his butt off and takes advantage of the opportunity. Same for Gucci. Nothing to lose, just invite them to camp and I bet you they will be eager to prove themselves.

Marleau-Thornton-Cheechoo
Hertl-Pavelski-Setoguchi
Nieto-Couture-Donskoi
Karlsson-Spaling-Ward
Vlasic-Brain
Martin-Burns
Dillon-Polak
Jones
Tell me how this isn't a formidable line up?

Because it features two non-NHLers on the first two right wings

Would still make the playoffs tho lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad