Checkers III: The Age of Ulf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Thank goodness we won't be hiring him for the big club.
He's not my first choice (mostly unobtainable coaches are ahead of him), but I would not be upset if we hired him. Stars just hired Jim Montgomery... I don't think Vellucci is that far off from him, if at all, plus he has executive experience being GM of a junior club and assistant GM here.

And you can't deny this mullet

GW0cvWJ

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
He's not my first choice (mostly unobtainable coaches are ahead of him), but I would not be upset if we hired him. Stars just hired Jim Montgomery... I don't think Vellucci is that far off from him, if at all, plus he has executive experience being GM of a junior club and assistant GM here
Man, that'd be 5 coaches in 5 seasons for us though...even for the AHL that's pretty rough

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Man, that'd be 5 coaches in 5 seasons for us though...even for the AHL that's pretty rough
It would be even more rough and ridiculous for a NHL club though.

Our guys are young, they can handle it. I think if we hire Vellucci to the NHL club, it would be the perfect spot for Brindy to finally make his head coaching debut. He would be well respected among the players.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Zykov, Foegele, Wallmark, Kuokkanen, Saarela, Roy, Gauthier

If those seven guys played a 3-on-3 game (assuming equivalent defense and goalies for each team) against the seven guys we used in our bottom six this season (DiGuiseppe, Nordstrom, Kruger, Jooris, Stempniak, Ryan, Rask), how badly would they destroy them?

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
He's not my first choice (mostly unobtainable coaches are ahead of him), but I would not be upset if we hired him. Stars just hired Jim Montgomery... I don't think Vellucci is that far off from him, if at all, plus he has executive experience being GM of a junior club and assistant GM here.
I would actually be very happy if we did hire Vellucci. I think he would be a great choice given how the young guys are playing for him and his knowledge of their strengths and weaknesses and readiness. I think he might be able to integrate them into the NHL line up like Mike Sullivan was able to do so well when he was hired by Pittsburg. My post was a sarcastic take on our owners preferences for a guy who has never held a head coaching job. Obviously, it was not obvious enough on my part.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

In another lineup note, Sergey Tolchinsky has been out of the lineup during the playoffs as well as being absent from practice. Vellucci today confirmed that the forward has left the team and returned home.

“He didn’t want to be a part of the team, so we granted his wish,” he said.

Tolchinsky, another victim of the prospect graveyard

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad