Player Discussion Charlie Lindgren

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
He is this year Matt O'Connor.

Solid signing. Will provide great depth. Definitely has starter potential

lynx

Oct 18, 2005
Does someone want to explain the burning of one year off the contract thing?

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Does someone want to explain the burning of one year off the contract thing?

Normally, a player that age signs a two year ELC contract. But since he'll play one game (or more) this season at the pro level, it burns off a year off his contract which means he can most likely get a better contract one year from now (if he doesn't **** the bed). He could also become a UFA faster.

Habs4ev*

Dec 18, 2015
i think this CP injury is more severe then anticipated and after the Condon/Scrivens experiment they now realize they need a more reliable backup (not sure lindgren is that though),

CP is probably very prone and likely to re-injure this again early next season, and thats what they are preparing themselves for

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Two things I like about this move.

#1 Lindgren sounds like a good goalie prospect and someone Waite can work with. I've got confidence he's got room to grow and will be better than ******* Robert Mayer and other goalies we've had in the past.

#2 We've essentially guaranteed a couple of losses if we're putting him in for games this year.

Hopefully he can take on the mantle of tank commander from Scrivens.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
He definitely made his mark as being one of the worst goalies ever to suit up for the habs, at least he'll be remember here for something.
Yep. Worst goalie I've seen on a semi-consistent basis since I've started following the Habs. He's in the WOAT HHOF with Auld & Aebischer.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
He definitely made his mark as being one of the worst goalies ever to suit up for the habs, at least he'll be remember here for something.

He started off bad, but he's been somewhat decent since the all-star break. He has a .918 save % since, considering how awful our D has been without Subban that is still respectable.

Regardless, nice to see a solid goaltending prospect getting signed.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Two things I like about this move.

#1 Lindgren sounds like a good goalie prospect and someone Waite can work with. I've got confidence he's got room to grow and will be better than ******* Robert Mayer and other goalies we've had in the past.

#2 We've essentially guaranteed a couple of losses if we're putting him in for games this year.

Hopefully he can take on the mantle of tank commander from Scrivens.

You know he's going to stand in his head when the adrenals takes over and he tries to impress the brass. I'd be surprised if he doesn't get a shutout when he plays.

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com
I've been following him since he was a recruit for SCSU. Good goalie. Improved every year and is an extremely focused and dedicated student of the game.

Side note: The only other SCSU's goaltender alumni to play in the NHL were Sam LoPresti and Frank "Mr. Zero" Brimsek who is enshrined in the HHOF. Maybe Lindgren will follow in his footsteps!

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Normally, a player that age signs a two year ELC contract. But since he'll play one game (or more) this season at the pro level, it burns off a year off his contract which means he can most likely get a better contract one year from now (if he doesn't **** the bed). He could also become a UFA faster.

Just to go off topic a moment, that is what makes the Jimmy Vesey move so puzzling. However, I won't deny the importance of schooling (and life after hockey) and this gives him control of where to go. However, he will take one more year to earn the big paycheck assuming he succeeds.

Hope we see Lindgren soon to better gauge his talent.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Good signing guys! People should be happy with this. You can never accumulate too many good assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad