Player Discussion Charlie Lindgren

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Bargainbin signed him to play second line RW

It's a ploy to get Condon to play forward and put his 6'5 frame infront of the net on the PP. Only by game two, Therrien will say players needs to earn their ice time and put together a PP unit of Byron-DD-Ghetto.

ROSSter

Jul 5, 2011
I'm all for adding assets but the timing is so very odd.

but-why.gif

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Well lately they got Carr and Condon to pan out so there's merit to have optimism about recent NCAA UFA signings.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Will admit I know little of him but I've heard his name in the news yesterday on a Leafs fan site.

http://www.letsplayhockey.com/teams...uccess-following-scsu-s-charlie-lindgren.html

Second generation goaltender in the family, if that is worth anything to anyone, and played as a starter last couple years. Stats speak for themselves.

http://www.hobeybaker.com/awards/the-hobey-baker-memorial-award/v4h/item/charlie-lindgren

Nice collection of accolades. That said, this will be the NHL so different animal, but I think this is much more than a "depth" move. If you believe rumours, quite a few teams were very interested in him.

NoNachoNoParty

Dec 8, 2011
Montreal
Guys you should check out the 3 highlight clips Mitch brown posted on him. Lateral movement and athleticism is pretty impressive. Not too bad of a glove hand either

Mad Brills*

Scrivens to be placed on waivers.

And price is travelling with the team.

So, maybe he plays one of the last 2 home games?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Could turn Fucale into a trading chip if he performs well. Good signing and curious to what Waite can do with this kid.

I've never had faith in Fucale so if this signing means we can use Fucale in a trade, that's cool.

At least Scrivens time is done here. Intrigued to see what this guy can do. He must have something if the Habs are giving him a game.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I've never had faith in Fucale so if this signing means we can use Fucale in a trade, that's cool.

At least Scrivens time is done here. Intrigued to see what this guy can do. He must have something if the Habs are giving him a game.

I think it was more of a sweetener to 'lock' a deal with him. Something a team in the playoff race couldn't really give him. Plus it burns a year of his ELC which could be good for him.

Mad Brills*

Kidding aside, competition for the ice caps starting job next season.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Couldn't be more wrong. He was signed as a top free agent goalie prospect. Our goalie prospect depth just got a massive boost. And the kid will get a shot at the big club for the rest of the season.

That's awesome. How about that forward you told me he would surely get if we had struggles up front??..Remember that??

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I don't see the problem here. Looks like a good pick up judging from the kids numbers, and yes , we needed more goalie depth.

Also nice is to get him to sign it looks like MB offered that one game to burn off a year of contract and to treat the guy to an NHL game start. Shows some creativity there. Yes, it may have been the kids agent, but like to think MB threw it in.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
One of the top undrafted FA's this year, it's a pretty good pickup all told. I've been very impressed with his play for what it's worth,he's one of the main reason for his team's run in the NCAA tourney. We're starting to be quite deep at the goalie position, I wonder if that'll lead to one or two trades don't the road.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Let's not complain we got a guy with decent stats for once goalie or not doesn't matter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad