Injury Report: Charlie Coyle DTD

Wild33

Mar 27, 2009
This is what i like to see when Coyle is back.

Parise-Koivu-Nino
Pommer-Grandblom-Coyle
Cooke-Broziak-Fontaine
Rupp-Konopka-Mitchell

Because Yeo, this is what we gonna see.

Parise-Koivu-Fontaine
Pommer-Coyle-Heater
Cooke-Broziak-Nino
Rupp-Konopka-Mitchell

I didn't know Yeo was a magician. Just made Granlund disappear.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Good news about Coyle
Also, Charlie Coyle is getting closer. He took part in today's morning skate and felt good. He'll have to wear a knee brace for the first time in his career, and he said that didn't feel too bad. He's got no targeted date as for a return and would still need to get into battle drills and line rushes, etc., and some real practices, but this is good news, too. But you also want to be cautious because you don't want any setbacks from his sprained MCL.
Interview with him from Wild.com

Last edited:

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Charlie Coyle practiced again today. He's also not going on trip, nor is Josh Harding or Jonas Brodin #mnwild

Good that he's practicing, but he's a no go for Chicago tomorrow night. Could possibly optimistically be ready by Monday for the home Chicago game?

OpRedDawn*

Good that he's practicing, but he's a no go for Chicago tomorrow night. Could possibly optimistically be ready by Monday for the home Chicago game?

I'd sit him and brodin til the montreal game on friday. I dont think we have a chance against chicago anyways lol

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Good he's getting closer, we need him. Possibility of Parise - Koivu - Coyle again? Nobody seems to be working. I know we should split Parise/Koivu but we all know that isn't happening so yeah.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Sooo...when Coyle returns, what does that mean for Heatley? Does he say on the 3rd line? Or will he get bumped to the 4th line with Fontaine taking his place on the 3rd? Or does Fontaine stay on the top line and Coyle plays on the 2nd and Nino shifts down to the 3rd?

Christ, now I have a headache.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Heatley just needs to be ****ing benched for a couple games at this point - all he does is drag down whatever line he has been on.

Yeo preaches "right to play," well stand by it! Make a statement!

Anyone here think Heatley would still be on the second line if Quenneville were coaching this team? **** no!

At least stick him on the fourth line and give him 4 minutes a night. Stop ruining our second line, then ***** about lack of secondary scoring.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Healthy scratch Heatley should be the name of the game...everyone else is contributing solidly. Who else should be taken out once Coyle comes back? Hell, our 4th line outperforms Heatley EVERY night. Just because they're paying the guy the money they are, doesn't mean he HAS to play every night. Same amount of money is getting put out towards salaries if he plays or doesn't, why not put the best possible team on the ice?

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Healthy scratch Heatley should be the name of the game...everyone else is contributing solidly. Who else should be taken out once Coyle comes back? Hell, our 4th line outperforms Heatley EVERY night. Just because they're paying the guy the money they are, doesn't mean he HAS to play every night. Same amount of money is getting put out towards salaries if he plays or doesn't, why not put the best possible team on the ice?
The 4th line is outperforming Heatley? Check the +/-

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
The 4th line is outperforming Heatley? Check the +/-

Do you really believe Heatley is the reason his lines play well? You can't seriously tell me that. The 4th line has energy and a great forecheck, both things Heatley does not. And minus Konopka, I'd put any of our 4th liners out there before Heatley.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Do you really believe Heatley is the reason his lines play well? You can't seriously tell me that. The 4th line has energy and a great forecheck, both things Heatley does not. And minus Konopka, I'd put any of our 4th liners out there before Heatley.

Neither of the lines Heater has been on has played well. At least they are not giving up goals at the time.

Billy Mays Here*

Meh, not a big deal. Let the kid get healed up and give some other young guys from Iowa a chance for a few games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad