Injury Report: Charlie Coyle DTD

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Source

The team also announced today that center Charlie Coyle is expected to miss three to four weeks due to a knee sprain suffered last night in Minnesota’s 4-3 overtime loss to the Anaheim Ducks.

UPDATE: Quote from Charlie himself:
Coyle: "It's not an ideal situation, but I'm fortunate it's nothing worse than it is. I'm going to keep a positive mindset ..." 1/2 #mnwild
"...and I'm looking forward to recovering and doing everything I can to be healthy again." -- Charlie Coyle via phone #mnwild

Last edited by a moderator:

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
This sucks big time. I think we were all falling in love with the play of Coyle this camp and against LA. Guess we can count our lucky stars it's nothing serious.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
That's really rough. Thankfully, nothing was broken or torn, as those kind of injuries are very common in such incidents.

Still, his presence will be sorely missed. Let's hope he makes a full recovery and is ready to play when November starts.

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
This really sucks.

I'm guess the 2nd and 3rd lines are now:

Zucker-Granlund-Heatley
Cooke-Brodziak-Nino

or

Zucker-Granlund-Nino (getting little to no minutes)
Cooke-Brodziak-Heatley

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
This sucks big time. I think we were all falling in love with the play of Coyle this camp and against LA. Guess we can count our lucky stars it's nothing serious.

count me out, he was good but nothing spectacular really. injuries will come, hope he recovers before next one goes..

Billy Mays Here*

Not too worried. Granlund (likely) gets to strut his stuff as our 2nd line center and Zucker makes his return.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Didn't take long to become thin at center. Granlund at center is a little concerning. He looked better here playing wing.

WildFinn*

The worst possible time, better this happened later in to the season than now. :shakehead

Nino-Coyle-Granlund has potential to be something special. :naughty:

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Unlike the past, the Wild now have some decent players to fill the void, which is a testament to the job Fletcher and Flahr have done acquiring young talent.

Billy Mays Here*

The worst possible time, better this happened later in to the season than now. :shakehead

Yeah, better it happen when we're making a push for a playoff spot than at the beginning of the season when we're mostly healthy. :rolleyes:

gopherman23

Jul 10, 2013
Minnesota
I didnt really get to watch or listen to any of the preseason games, but didn't Granlund and Nino have good chemistry together? Maybe this could work out.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
So 2nd game of the season and we have a key player injured? Very Minnesota guys, very Minnesota.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Can't make it through a season without some injuries. Have to survive this any my first thought was well could have been worse, and with a knee injury it sure as heck could have been. Thankfully he'll be fine and back in a month, so there is good news in all this.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
It's a big bummer considering how big of a part Coyle already was for the team. Let's hope Granlund can fill his boots somehow, for now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad