Injury Report: Charlie Coyle, broken fibula (Update: expected back "this week")

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

giphy.gif

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
So wait, now Russo's speculating that Coyle's in (and Stewart's out) against the Devils tonight? That escalated quickly.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So wait, now Russo's speculating that Coyle's in (and Stewart's out) against the Devils tonight? That escalated quickly.

They putting Parise on LTIR (finally) then? They really can't afford to bring up 2 other guys and have Coyle come off LTIR, unless they eat into the little cap savings they've gained.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
They putting Parise on LTIR (finally) then? They really can't afford to bring up 2 other guys and have Coyle come off LTIR, unless they eat into the little cap savings they've gained.

Sounds like it.

Still seems kind of nuts to put him in without a full practice, but if he's up to it physically... Not like he'll be worse than Stewart.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Sounds like it.

Still seems kind of nuts to put him in without a full practice, but if he's up to it physically... Not like he'll be worse than Stewart.

I hope the plan is for limited minutes before the game. If he's playing well then he can get more time.

I dunno about not being worse that Stewie. Coyle was bordering on awful for an extended duration last year.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I hope the plan is for limited minutes before the game. If he's playing well then he can get more time.

I dunno about not being worse that Stewie. Coyle was bordering on awful for an extended duration last year.
Coyle's definitely got a Jekyll-and-Hyde aspect to him, but Stewart's been bad the last few games.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Coyle's definitely got a Jekyll-and-Hyde aspect to him, but Stewart's been bad the last few games.

I didn't see the Caps game. But he and Foligno aren't good together. They get 1 positive play a game, the rest deserves Monty Python music.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Coyle had almost 60 points last year. He isn't awful and Stewart is objectively a much worse NHLer.

He also had a month+ stretch (16 games) where he put up points (2g/2a) in only 2 of the games, looked lost on the ice, and was a combined -10 (- in 11 of those games).

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
He also had a month+ stretch (16 games) where he put up points (2g/2a) in only 2 of the games, looked lost on the ice, and was a combined -10 (- in 11 of those games).
I would still have him over Stewart any day of the week.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Yet somehow Stewart still trails only Staal and Zucker in goals scored. He was great when the Wild needed him to step up.

Heard again and again that Stewart thrives on scoring lines, not checking lines. Looks to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino