Player Discussion Charles Hudon

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm pretty sure he will be UFA next offseaon. I doubt the Habs will still be able to hold his rights

he will but if the NHL doesn't start till Feb, his season in the Swiss league could be over in March/April so they could look to bring him back to help Laval if say they need a offensive spark to make the playoffs finally. Though with him making comments about his playing time with us perhaps they just let him go. But if he is one of the best scorers in the league and Laval needs a goal scorer I really hope they bring him back.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
He won’t be back with Habs. In his mind ‘he wasn’t given a chance’ but reality is that he hadn’t found a way to score in the NHL where there is less time and space than these lesser leagues. Might as well stay there and be the Swiss Gretzky

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
He's creative with the puck, but he just can't produce enough for his shortcomings, he's probably a Euro league star, not an NHL player.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Good news is that his injury is not as bad as it seemed yesterday when he had to leave the game. He will miss Friday's game, but that should be the only game he misses.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
He's playing himself into a top 6 role in Europe.
Fixed.

they hit in the NHL
Yup.
Apparently, not only did he score a goal, but he got hurt also. I just read that someone felt onto his knee.
He's very fragile, has had a lot of injuries...
They also close the gaps much faster. He was in the middle of the ice and got two one timers while going backwards. That step to the nhl is steep.
I am happy for him. I hope he has a long career.
Exactly. He would never have that much time alone to fire his shot in the NHL, let alone twice.

Reactions: sandviper

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
they hit in the NHL

They play defense also.

In all seriousness, regardless of how he does, his time is done with the Habs.

If we can't find a trading partner by January, classy thing would be just to release him outright as he clearly doesn't have a top-9 spot on the club. Maybe another team will give him a shot.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
They play defense also.

In all seriousness, regardless of how he does, his time is done with the Habs.

If we can't find a trading partner by January, classy thing would be just to release him outright as he clearly doesn't have a top-9 spot on the club. Maybe another team will give him a shot.
Classy and the habs left a long time ago on a distant planet. Unless you are 22 game Montreal Canadien Kovalchuk and get to pick where you are traded to for substandard value-another of those winning trades I am told. If you have played for 990 games for the Habs better get a dog instead.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Classy and the habs left a long time ago on a distant planet. Unless you are 22 game Montreal Canadien Kovalchuk and get to pick where you are traded to for substandard value-another of those winning trades I am told. If you have played for 990 games for the Habs better get a dog instead.

Whatever class was left went out the window when Bergevin involved himself in that ridiculous Bettman led conspiracy to keep John Scott out of the All-Star game.

I hate that Markov did not retire a Hab. Its so rare, but Markov was a rare talent and rare in his loyalty and love of Montreal.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Whatever class was left went out the window when Bergevin involved himself in that ridiculous Bettman led conspiracy to keep John Scott out of the All-Star game.

I hate that Markov did not retire a Hab. Its so rare, but Markov was a rare talent and rare in his loyalty and love of Montreal.
While I hate it, its also the double standard. He did the deal for pleks to hits his 1000 and retire. That also cost us JDLR because we ran out of roster spots when we sign pleks. We didn't need pleks that season, but we sure did markov. At least if he hadn't let pleks get his 1000 we could say thats just the way marc operates. But he was all in for Tomas and spat in Markovs face-who would have easily made his 1000 games if not fore injuries and the shortened season.

Reactions: yianik and montreal
Aug 25, 2009
éal
I dont understand why a player would rather ride the bus between Laval and Binghamton for 5 years instead of living in Switzerland. It's not because you dont make it in the NHL you're a failure, you can make a great career there playing in a nice country, in nice conditions, making good money. And some local fame too. If I was him I would enjoy the heck of my life there!

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-10-31_12-2-58.png

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
I dont understand why a player would rather ride the bus between Laval and Binghamton for 5 years instead of living in Switzerland. It's not because you dont make it in the NHL you're a failure, you can make a great career there playing in a nice country, in nice conditions, making good money. And some local fame too. If I was him I would enjoy the heck of my life there!

For sure! And the Swiss A league pays surprisingly high salaries. In Swiss currency, which is almost on par with the Euro.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
He won’t be back with Habs. In his mind ‘he wasn’t given a chance’ but reality is that he hadn’t found a way to score in the NHL where there is less time and space than these lesser leagues. Might as well stay there and be the Swiss Gretzky
Our beloved Oleg Petrov if you are old enough to remember became the swiss Gretzky after his short time with he Habs. It happens for some players. They say it's very pleasant to play there.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Our beloved Oleg Petrov if you are old enough to remember became the swiss Gretzky after his short time with he Habs. It happens for some players. They say it's very pleasant to play there.
So you're expecting Hudon to come back stronger and help the Habs? I mean that's what Petrov did with his second tenure with the team being more productive than his first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad