Player Discussion Charles Hudon

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So if he is a nhl caliber player. He can play in another team in the NHL. There is a reason why he is lausanne instead of the nhl, but I probably don’t know why

He is there just like Joe Thornton and many others to keep in game shape and stay sharp. Not very hard to understand.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
He is there just like Joe Thornton and many others to keep in game shape and stay sharp. Not very hard to understand.
He cleared the waiver last year and no one team did selected him. Thats show how he is very a good player

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hudon is back in the line-up today after missing last game due to being close to someone who tested positive.

However, today's game is for the Swiss Cup and isn't a regular season game. Lausanne is up 3-2 mid-way through the third period. And he has two goals so far.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I’m in the minority here, but I still think Charles will find a home on an NHL squad. It’s really too bad he hasn’t improved his skating/strength much over the years. I like his game outside of that, but with us you just can’t add another smurf to the lineup unless he’s dynamite, so I don’t see a fit here, but maybe on another club.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
7 pts in 3 games, puts him among the top scorers in the league, along with 2 fellow former Hab draf picks Ghetto and Nygren.

That's all we need to know about the quality here...:sarcasm:

In all seriousness the NHL gets faster and faster , players like Hudon don't bring size or speed. They need to be put in a position to succeed in a very specific way. I personally see him as a potential NHL role player but not someone who can be a permanent part of your top 9.

Last edited:

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
And most players do clear waivers....I mean this is your argument? Come on.
What is your argument? Im saying Hudon isnt a regular nhl player. Proves me that im wrong. This guy hasnt the speed, the quickness, the production to be a regular. He is a small player, ahler/ europe career at best. If he would have the skillset to be Efficient in the nhl? Why he doesnt been claimed? You will probably say there is paul byron, martin st-louis, briere been claimed once in their career . Yeah right. But i would like to see the % of player who cleared waives and became an efficient player in the league

Jul 6, 2016
This management and ownership has zero vision.

They still hold his rights..... But after hearing Hudon's recriminations against the Club, I doubt they would bring him back with the team anytime soon. They won't allow him (they don't need to anymore) to play on their top-six for sure.

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
7 pts in 3 games, puts him among the top scorers in the league, along with 2 fellow former Hab draf picks Ghetto and Nygren.
He's got NHL skill for sure, but after his first year, his compete level hasn't been the same. He is meant to be a completely different player in the NHL than in inferior leagues, and he hasn't been able to adapt or even recognize the need for it.

Jul 6, 2016
He's got NHL skill for sure, but after his first year, his compete level hasn't been the same. He is meant to be a completely different player in the NHL than in inferior leagues, and he hasn't been able to adapt or even recognize the need for it.

The more he is piling points in Switzerland, the better (higher) draft pick Habs gonna get for him if they decide to trade him to another NHL team down the road.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
What is your argument? Im saying Hudon isnt a regular nhl player. Proves me that im wrong. This guy hasnt the speed, the quickness, the production to be a regular. He is a small player, ahler/ europe career at best. If he would have the skillset to be Efficient in the nhl? Why he doesnt been claimed? You will probably say there is paul byron, martin st-louis, briere been claimed once in their career . Yeah right. But i would like to see the % of player who cleared waives and became an efficient player in the league

Prove he is an NHL player? How about you prove he could not have an NHL career. He has shown the ability to score goals in the AHL and to produce some points in the NHL when given the chance. Nobody is saying he will break records but given the right chance he could have a ok career in the NHL.

Using your argument I guess Tyler Johnson sucks in Tampa since nobody claimed him right?

Jul 6, 2016
Prove he is an NHL player? How about you prove he could not have an NHL career. He has shown the ability to score goals in the AHL and to produce some points in the NHL when given the chance. Nobody is saying he will break records but given the right chance he could have a ok career in the NHL.

Using your argument I guess Tyler Johnson sucks in Tampa since nobody claimed him right?

Hudon deserved to get more attention and ice time with the Habs . Too late. let's turn the page.

Reactions: angusyoung
Aug 25, 2009
éal
I hope a team pay attention and give him a chance (and give us a low pick or something like that in return, I'd be fine with a 7th at this point)

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
The more he is piling points in Switzerland, the better (higher) draft pick Habs gonna get for him if they decide to trade him to another NHL team down the road.

I'm pretty sure he will be UFA next offseaon. I doubt the Habs will still be able to hold his rights

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013

For martin st-louis, danny briere. You have. Nigel dawes, jason krog, keith aucoin .. Look at capfriendly for tyler johnson and you will understand quickly why he didnt picked up lol

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
For martin st-louis, danny briere. You have. Nigel dawes, jason krog, keith aucoin .. Look at capfriendly for tyler johnson and you will understand quickly why he didnt picked up lol
Ohhh excuses now using the cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad