Charles Elmore - Panthers' finances helped by lockout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
NataSatan666 said:
The Flyers and the Pens both have a right to be the NHL. Who cares who has the better fan base. At least you both have a strong fan base, unlike the teams that should get the heave ho

Agreed. Though again, I disagree on contracting any team and wish these contraction threads would stop. The contraction is not going to happen, for a myriad of reasons including buyout price, desire not to further marginalize the sport, telelvision contracts, etc. So why get fans of these teams riled up. These threads are just begging for flame wars.

jb**

Jaded-Fan said:
:shakehead

ridiculous, why? We turn out a far greater percentage of our population than Philly does. I have proven it with linked population and attendence for both areas in another thread debating this with John Flyers Fan. Pittsburgh is also among the top five television markets that fox has for their hockey broadcasts. Philly will survive based on population and size, not fanaticsm. If you disagree, prove me wrong.
It won't survive based on population it will survive because we sell out the buliding every game, market the team as well or better than any others, have sponsors lining up out the ass, have always put a great product on the ice, spend money, have an owner who put up his own money to build a stadium and so forth. We have no use for fox since the Flyers own thier own cable channel. The bottom line is our attendence blows yours out of the water every time. That shows me that the fans are more supportive than Pens fans since they have trouble drawing 14000

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
jb said:
It won't survive based on population it will survive because we sell out the buliding every game, market the team as well or better than any others, have sponsors lining up out the ass, have always put a great product on the ice, spend money, have an owner who put up his own money to build a stadium and so forth. We have no use for fox since the Flyers own thier own cable channel. The bottom line is our attendence blows yours out of the water every time. That shows me that the fans are more supportive than Pens fans since they have trouble drawing 14000

:lol

Awfully touchy about the slightest criticsm regarding your team aren't you? And yet you wonder why fans of other teams get riled when arrogant SOB's come on and say that their team should just go away. When you come back with facts, we can talk. Until then I am glad that I could show you how many of the fans getting their feathers ruffled here in this thread feel.

jb**

Jaded-Fan said:
:lol

Awfully touchy about the slightest criticsm regarding your team aren't you? And yet you wonder why fans of other teams get riled when arrogant SOB's come on and say that their team should just go away. When you come back with facts, we can talk. Until then I am glad that I could show you how many of the fans getting their feathers ruffled here in this thread feel.
Not touchy at all. My feathers are not ruffled, everyone has an opinion that is why there is constant talk which is great. I pretty much stated the facts. Your attendence will never be as good as the teams that have constantly sold out year after year, good team or poor team.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
jb said:
Not touchy at all. My feathers are not ruffled, everyone has an opinion that is why there is constant talk which is great. I pretty much stated the facts. Your attendence will never be as good as the teams that have constantly sold out year after year, good team or poor team.

Then you are arguing for a 4 or 5 team league, right?

The Pens for instance until very very recently were middle of the pack at 15 attendence wise for over twenty years since the 80's. So you would eliminate all the teams at least from 15 on in your wonderful new NHL right? That leaves 14. But wait, you said only teams that sell out all the time. That would be Toronto, maybe Detroit. Damn, now that would be some competition night after night, especially when the talent from the other teams is distributed. The television networks would line up for that two team league. Good thinking there JB.

jb**

Jaded-Fan said:
:shakehead

ridiculous, why? We turn out a far greater percentage of our population than Philly does. I have proven it with linked population and attendence for both areas in another thread debating this with John Flyers Fan. Pittsburgh is also among the top five television markets that fox has for their hockey broadcasts. Philly will survive based on population and size, not fanaticsm. If you disagree, prove me wrong.
also to say the Pens draw a far greater % is comparing apples and oranges. If the Flyers sell out and draw 19000 and have a pop of 6,000,000 like you say and the pens draw 14,000 and have a pop of 2.5mil that is not a correct comparison. Our bldg is filled to capcity. Maybe my logic and stats are scewed please explain i honsetly would like to hear your point of view as to where you came up with those numbers..

jb**

Jaded-Fan said:
Then you are arguing for a 4 or 5 team league, right?

The Pens for instance until very very recently were middle of the pack at 15 attendence wise for over twenty years since the 80's. So you would eliminate all the teams at least from 15 on in your wonderful new NHL right? That leaves 14. But wait, you said only teams that sell out all the time. That would be Toronto, maybe Detroit. Damn, now that would be some competition night after night, especially when the talent from the other teams is distributed. The television networks would line up for that two team league. Good thinking there JB.
that is not what I am saying at all. We are comparing the Flyers and pens only correct? Middle of the pack is still not that great. Have to go eat some dinner have a good one.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
Jaded-Fan said:
ridiculous, why? We turn out a far greater percentage of our population than Philly does.
Oh come on Jaded, you're smarter than that. The smaller the population, the greater the turnout in percentage in similar sized game to game attendance, you should know that.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Boltsfan2029 said:
Well, it's 248.5 miles away for us... :)

I'd hardly say it was "outta town," but I don't live down there so I can't answer for whether the locals consider it as such. It's surrounded by very nice hotels, malls, residential areas which I’d consider “upper class.†As I said, it’s a gorgeous facility. But where it is doesn’t matter in the context of my post – I was responding to the claim that there are usually 14,000-16,000 fans in the building on the weekend. There simply weren’t that many the Saturday night we were there.
right - gotcha

Boltsfan2029

Jul 8, 2002
In deleted threads
jb said:
What was your attendence like when the team was not so good? Not very well, if the team is going good the attendence will be there for everyone(except NJ who still to this day don't seel out their playoff games) you can't be good every year and only the strong markets will support a bad team.

I guess you missed this part of my post:

With our steady (albeit slow) improvement, our attendance has improved commensurate with the on-ice improvement each year, even when we were in the bottom of the standings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad