Post-Game Talk: Champs @ Wanna-Be’s — 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
Nobody:

Tampa: RAISE THE BANNER!

I can't speak for all Bolts fans, but I can speak for me. I feel that the game was a good game from two really high level teams marred only by Grade C officiating. Imagine if the refs were as quality as the teams, could have been an epic regular season tilt.

I respect that the Caps are the champs and would relish the chance to beat the best to get a shot at the Cup. The remaining games this season could be fun or they could be just crap from the Bolts having tied up the East and just going through the motions. I hope not though.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I can't speak for all Bolts fans, but I can speak for me. I feel that the game was a good game from two really high level teams marred only by Grade C officiating. Imagine if the refs were as quality as the teams, could have been an epic regular season tilt.

I respect that the Caps are the champs and would relish the chance to beat the best to get a shot at the Cup. The remaining games this season could be fun or they could be just crap from the Bolts having tied up the East and just going through the motions. I hope not though.

We (or at least I) like to rag on you guys, because we know exactly how you guys feel. Losers! :DD

Reactions: DFC

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Speaking of gloved punches, Willy definitely landed one.

It was funny seeing Willy imitating the guy who just couldn't get his gloves off... and then they cut to the FLORIDIAN and his mouth is bloodied, his nose looked nicked up, as he starts checking his face.

Tampa looks to have finally realized they need to try to stand up to us. They realized that just Punkuette wasn't enough. I know expansion Dave Mansion but I would rather see Tampa more than 3 times a year.

Who was it last year that decided they were simply Floridians. Speak up and share your rationale once again.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Yes it does matter. Now you are just making **** up. The rule is that if the offensive player gets to the faceoff dot first then icing is waived off.
Do you not know the rule? Or are you just being a homer?

Yeah that's not even remotely the rule, not even close. In fact the rule very explicitly says that the face off dots ARE NOT the determining factor.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/rules/2018-2019-NHL-rulebook.pdf

Here's the rulebook, go look it up, I'll help you out, its on page. Page 121, rule 81.1

In fact I'll just post it here:
For clarification, the determining factor is which player would first touch the puck, not which player would first reach the end zone faceoff dots.

And then you can admit you make stuff up and then apologize to Ridley Simon.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Negs: 1 fluky Bolts goal and then letting the plug Cernak open to score his 4th of the season.

Posi: #47 #48 and we can play a lot better and be more physical.

For all the hype, the Tamponians looked mediocre. All we needed is a couple of bounces or secondary scoring and we get a point or 2.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Tampa’s star players make little impact 5 on 5 vs big physical teams.

Holtby was fantastic late in the game but he could’ve been better early.

Neither team was at their best tonight but the caps know they can beat the lightning and I think the bolts will eventually lose because they’re going to be holding their sticks too tight with all the pressure to win it all.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Yeah that's not even remotely the rule, not even close. In fact the rule very explicitly says that the face off dots ARE NOT the determining factor.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/rules/2018-2019-NHL-rulebook.pdf

Here's the rulebook, go look it up, I'll help you out, its on page. Page 121, rule 81.1

In fact I'll just post it here:

And then you can admit you make stuff up and then apologize to Ridley Simon.

Maybe that was the rule in 1950 — when he last played?

Apologies aren’t needed. Just stop being a boor.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
That would be a hell of a playoff series. Did Stamkos or Kucherov play tonight? Shows how deep the Lightning are that those two were non-factors and the Bolts were still dangerous. Oh well, Ovie scored and the Caps didn't lose any ground in their division title race.

The Lightning do not want this team in a 7 game series.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Well after all said and done here, I would LOVE to play these guys in the Poffs. Not because I know we'd win, we could very well lose. But because it means we would make the ECF and that Pitt would not beat us. That's pretty much the only outcome that would piss me off.

I still like our chances in the ECF vs these guys. One game, toss up. 7 Games? All Caps!

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Free Burakovsky. He shouldn't be getting ten minutes less than Hagelin. I like a lot of what Hagelin has brought but he's struggled to assert himself effectively 5-on-5 against better teams. I know it's not easy but they somehow need to be in the habit of giving Burakovsky a sniff up the lineup at times and Hagelin is the easiest bet in that regard (or at least put together a more stout combination of linemates for him.) I've criticised 65 plenty but Hagelin in no way should have 3LW on lock.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Tonight's 17:57 was a season-high for Hagelin overall. I like the guy but right now they seem to be forcing both Hagelin @ 3LW and Stephenson @ 4C. Jensen also seems to be getting a lesson in playoff level intensity and has been found wanting.

Nonetheless, it's not bad for them to gain some bitterness and bite as they come down the stretch and try to hone in their game again.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Glad to see the board is pretty upbeat.

TBL looks good, and I'm glad the Caps can't face them until the ECF. The last two games against them will be interesting. I hope the Caps can win one to plant a seed of panic in the Bolts.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Great game despite some subpar officiating (bad calls against both teams). I was at the Amalie Arena tonight, and the atmosphere was awesome. I was glad to see tons of fans wearing red.

The Caps looked very good at times, but Tampa is just so clinical at finishing, and Vasy is, undeniably, an elite goaltender. He just didn't let the Caps get back into the game. Holtby got it going a bit later in the game, but I wish he could have made some key saves earlier.

Ovi had a spectacular game, and not only because he scored a pair of goals. He made so many good plays tonight. When the Caps got a late 3rd period PP, I was SO hoping to have an opportunity to throw my hat on ice to celebrate Ovie's hatty. But, unfortunately, it wasn't meant to happen.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Ovie’s best game in a while. Hopefully that continues down the stretch.

A few individual poor efforts (Orlov on goal #2, Jensen on goal #3, Holtby on goal #4) but overall they played a competitive game.
Indeed, Ovi was such a stud in this game.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Ovie’s best game in a while. Hopefully that continues down the stretch.

A few individual poor efforts (Orlov on goal #2, Jensen on goal #3, Holtby on goal #4) but overall they played a competitive game.

Was it on Jensen on the 3rd goal? Felt like he gave plenty of opportunity for a teammate to apply some back pressure and get a hold of the initial rebound.

As far as Holtby goes, it's not as if he was poor. He was just the second best goalie on the night.

Carlson was terrific on the night, without generating much talk. Besides that, Tampa is a powerhouse team and you have to be precise, almost clinical to defeat them. It can be done but it ain't easy.

Reactions: StrikingDistance

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
That would be a hell of a playoff series. Did Stamkos or Kucherov play tonight? Shows how deep the Lightning are that those two were non-factors and the Bolts were still dangerous. Oh well, Ovie scored and the Caps didn't lose any ground in their division title race.

The Lightning do not want this team in a 7 game series.

Yes, we do. This isn't the same Lightning team from a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad