GWT: Champions League Matchday 4: 11/3 - 11/4

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What a joke...

In any case, PSG proved their worth, as weird as it may seem. They toyed with Real all game long, sometimes, it just won't go in.
PSG is clearly now a better team than Real. Barca and Bayern are still above them, but they can trust their worth now.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
CSKA played like cowards and deservingly lost. Although they had a golden chance with Doumbia unable to put it past Smalling.

Now, CSKA has to win two remaining games in order to qualify.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Strong game from BMG, though they should've capitalized on the sending off to get all of the points. Either way, two draws with last season's CL finalist's is a good way to turn things around; if only they had held on against Citeh as well. Either way looks like that Sevilla-BMG match could be huge in deciding who goes to the EL.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Juve really parked the bus in the 2nd half, played without a striker. Gladbach were not brave enough nor had the quality to break down Juve, but they still created two decent chances and Buffon had to save well twice.

Real Madrid, Man City have advanced to the R16, Gladbach are eliminated from progress

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
De Gea and Smalling pretty much saved United's CL campaign, there's no way they would have scored two goals to turn it around.

All in all a deserved win.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Strong game from BMG, though they should've capitalized on the sending off to get all of the points. Either way, two draws with last season's CL finalist's is a good way to turn things around; if only they had held on against Citeh as well. Either way looks like that Sevilla-BMG match could be huge in deciding who goes to the EL.

BMG were great early on. Could have been up 2, easily. Hernanes' bonehead challenge, saved them. Juve were pushing and I think it was a matter of time before they got a 2nd goal.

CRSeven

Ballon d'Or 2013
Jan 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
What a joke...

In any case, PSG proved their worth, as weird as it may seem. They toyed with Real all game long, sometimes, it just won't go in.
PSG is clearly now a better team than Real. Barca and Bayern are still above them, but they can trust their worth now.

Obviously a healthy PSG team is better than a Real Madrid side missing James, Benzema, Bale, Carvajal, and now Marcelo.

In any case, Real Madrid still won, so to say PSG is clearly better than Real Madrid is just simply wrong.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Juve really parked the bus in the 2nd half, played without a striker. Gladbach were not brave enough nor had the quality to break down Juve, but they still created two decent chances and Buffon had to save well twice.

Real Madrid, Man City have advanced to the R16, Gladbach are eliminated from progress

Juve were down to 10 men.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Obviously a healthy PSG team is better than a Real Madrid side missing James, Benzema, Bale, Carvajal, and now Marcelo.

In any case, Real Madrid still won, so to say PSG is clearly better than Real Madrid is just simply wrong.

Healthy? Their most important player got hurt very early. It was the only reason Madrid were able to score.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes, Luiz played injured because they didn't have a CB. Pastore is either starting or first supersub.
And finally, their best player got injured during the game.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Let's see...Verratti is one player of PSG's best 11 that was injured.

Real Madrid were missing four of their best 11, five if you count James.

It doesn't matter. Madrid will play the same way. Their two most important players were there. Modric and Kroos.

PSG is a different team without Verratti. As I mentioned before, there is no way Madrid would have scored if he was there. He is that important.

Yes, Madrid may have more depth but I think PSG have the better starting 11.

CRSeven

Ballon d'Or 2013
Jan 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
It doesn't matter. Madrid will play the same way. Their two most important players were there. Modric and Kroos.

PSG is a different team without Verratti. As I mentioned before, there is no way Madrid would have scored if he was there. He is that important.

Yes, Madrid may have more depth but I think PSG have the better starting 11.

I see your point, but James is much more important than Kroos.

Modric to Real is definitely like Verratti to PSG though.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
De Gea and Smalling pretty much saved United's CL campaign, there's no way they would have scored two goals to turn it around.

All in all a deserved win.

Just saw Doumbia's chance(s). Unreal from DeGea and clutch from Smalling.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
I see your point, but James is much more important than Kroos.

Modric to Real is definitely like Verratti to PSG though.

James is hit and miss for me. They can survive without him. I'm not taking anything way from him, as he's brilliant.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
So Arsenal pretty much lost the game before it even started. Bellerin is out injured and he's being replaced by the woeful Mathieu Debuchy, the worst defender on the team. He will have Joel Campbell ahead of him and will have to defend against Costa/Robben. Ooof.

I remember at the time thinking Debuchy was a lateral move over Sagna and it turns out that he's even worse than Sagna. He hasn't been match fit and has lost all confidence it seems.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Maybe chelsea should recall Christensen lol

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
So Arsenal pretty much lost the game before it even started. Bellerin is out injured and he's being replaced by the woeful Mathieu Debuchy, the worst defender on the team. He will have Joel Campbell ahead of him and will have to defend against Costa/Robben. Ooof.

I remember at the time thinking Debuchy was a lateral move over Sagna and it turns out that he's even worse than Sagna. He hasn't been match fit and has lost all confidence it seems.

Look on the bright side, you could be a Chelsea fan. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad