Champions League Game Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Based on Valverde's press conference I would expect Deulofeu to start with Dembele on the bench. SPORT speculating otherwise.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I highly doubt Bosz will have them defend deeply. It's not his style. If they counter attack, it'll probably be off recovering balls in midfield, unless it's off a corner kick or something. This Dortmund lineup is well suited to pressing and countering, but like Spurs are weak at breaking down a parked bus. Despite the apparent defensive strength of both teams so far this season, I foresee an up-and-down game, as I don't think either side will willingly cede possession to the other.

I hope you are right. Even if Spurs have struggled at Wembley (partly unlucky) I think Spurs will win if it becomes an "up-and-down" kind of game. Maybe not against a Dortmund at full strength, but with some significant injuries it should be different.

Many of the best games Spurs have played the last 2 years have been open games. They have beaten Chelsea, City etc. in those quite comfortably (also lost some of course).

Also players like Dier, Eriksen and Kane showed some significant improvement on Saturday. Eriksen has been solid earlier as well, but this weekend he was sensational. Dier and Kane went from below average (maybe even poor for Dier) to very good.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Chelsea starting lineup (3-4-3):

Courtois; Azpilicueta, Christensen, Cahill (c); Zappacosta, Kante, Fabregas, Alonso; Willian, Batshuayi, Pedro

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Rabiot with a fantastic pass and Neymar with the finish. Bad reffing though since there was a foul on a Celtic player 20 seconds before.

gnr25

May 22, 2008
Ottawa
Positive Bayern game so far, getting an early 1-0 lead and man advantage for the rest of the match. While United have the unfortunate Pogba injury 17 minutes in.

And now Anderlecht lose a defender to injury 25 minutes in.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
James already looking better than Muller has this season who Bayern should sell imo while they can still get premium return on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad