Champions Hockey League 2018-2019

Discussion in 'International Tournaments' started by Jussi, May 16, 2018.

1. Jussi

Jussi Registered User

Home Page:
    Groups:

Group A: ZSC Lions Zurich (SUI), Vienna Capitals (AUT), Frölunda Indians (SWE), Aalborg Pirates (DEN).

Group B: Red Bull Munich (GER), TPS Turku (FIN), Malmö Redhawks (SWE), Yunost Minsk (BLR).

Group C: HC Bolzano (ITA), Skellefteå AIK (SWE), IFK Helsinki (FIN), GKS Tychy (POL).

Group D: Kometa Brno (CZE), EIsbären Berlin (GER), EV Zug (SUI), Neman Grodno (BLR).

Group E: Djurgården Stockholm (SWE), Tappara Tampere (FIN), Oceláři Třinec (CZE), Storhamar Hamar (NOR).

Group F: Kärpät Oulu (FIN), Mountfield HK (CZE), Thomas Sabo Ice Tigers (GER), Rouen Dragons (FRA).

Group G: Växjö Lakers (SWE), SC Bern (SUI), Red Bull Salzburg (AUT), Cardiff Devils (GBR).

Group H: JYP Jyväskylä (FIN), HC Pilsen (CZE), HC Lugano (SUI), HC05 Banská Bystrica (SVK).

Marky1999 likes this.
  2. Jablkon

Jablkon Registered User

Stupid Hradec Kralove back on track. Hope they will get embarassed...

3. Rcknrollkillnmachine

Rcknrollkillnmachine Registered User

IFK got a nice group with at least two beatable teams although I've said this before in previous CHL groups. I'll ppick up a tickets for the Bolzano game since I lived in Italy before and will enjoy hearing the Italian fans speaking; I was hoping for Berlin since it would have given me a chance to visit the brother there.

The other Finnish teams have tough groups with at least two strong challengers; Djurgården - Tampere will be worth watching.

4. vorky

vorky @vorkywh24

You can copy (if you are a subscriber) what their boss said about the CHL 2018/19 here. I will just translate one sentence written by an journalist describing the interview.

The same story, fun guaranteed

5. vorky

vorky @vorkywh24

I do not know what "truth" you are talking about. I did not read all article, you can copy the CHL related text here.

Regarding his personality. I do not know him personally, so I will not comment. Just one note, you would have no problem to find more "controversial" persons in Czech hockey.

I just remember his words from last year and I agree with him. There is no reason for clubs to sponsor the CHL.

6. Jablkon

Jablkon Registered User

Its your choice who you agree with. Point is czechs and slovaks need these matches. Modern hockey is played there and we need confrontation. Its not old shool extraliga style ot poor quality slovak league. Opposite opinion is against czech and slovaks interests. But I am not surprised as this CEO never saw further than on tip of his nose.

7. vorky

vorky @vorkywh24

Did he say that Czech teams do not need such games?

As I remember his statements, his main objection to the CHL is about financial matters.

8. Jablkon

Jablkon Registered User

His main objection is that he does not want to participate on it. I dont really care what he complains about. They have money, they produce nobody, czechs produce nobody, czechs dont have Ds, czechs were positive about quality of CHL games, especially Ds game. This guy does not know what time it is. Its not 2000. He is not ceo of club from super power country. He is meaningless and thats what he should realize and he should realize even more where czech hockey really is. He does not develope unique czech development program, he does not want to help with it through CHL, he does not do anything in favour of czech hockey. Why Straka and Zabransky dont say the same? Cause they understand to broader picture. Not even speaking about Liberec or Trinec. They dictate the trend, not Hradec Kralove. Mountfield is backwards club, thats all.

9. vorky

vorky @vorkywh24

Trinec & Banska Bystrica´s executives confirmed that both clubs were in red numbers in 2017/18, the CHL is not profitable for clubs according to those executives.

10. Jussi

Jussi Registered User

Home Page:
    Probably should have played better then and marketed the games to people better.

11. vorky

vorky @vorkywh24

If there is not a product, you can do whatever you want.

12. Jussi

Jussi Registered User

Home Page:
    Well most other teams think there is and they put some effort into it by winning and marketing the games (like JYP).

13. vorky

vorky @vorkywh24

Look, Trinec is a big fan of the CHL, they had good on-ice results, they did marketing and still, the club had to announce the red numbers. Simply, particiaption at the CHL is not profitable from financial point of view. And will not be in the future.